Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Physiotherapy - Firm and Insurance places watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I think most of us physio applicants have heard from nearly all our choices.
    Whats everyone's firm and insurance choices??

i still havent decided yet but mine are....

Firm - Bradford or Manchester Met
    Insurance - Leeds Met or Huddersfield

Shoiab

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting to hear from York but my others are:

Northumbria B900 Conditional (Top-up year for my Foundation Degree)

Northumbria B160 Unsuccessful (needed to have grade B for GCSE Maths)

Sheffield Hallam Supposed to be having an interview tomorrow but have decided not to go.

St Martin's B160 Unsuccessful (God knows why, as they won't tell me)

Teesside B160 Conditional Have to pass Open University Human Biology SK277

York St John B160 Interviewed 21st March, still waiting for decision.

At the moment Teesside is my firm but if York want me I would be very tempted to go with them. The top-up year is my going to be my Insurance, as I still would prefer to go to Northumbria for physio if possible.

ReputationRep:
    Firm is Nottingham Can't wait
    But just in case, I've got UEA as my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    What happens to peoples insurance places, when they don't take them up? Do they go into extra?

ReputationRep:
    if someone doesnt take up an insurance place, then im really sure that they get put into UCAS Extra

ReputationRep:
    Kings is my firm
    and i didnt choose an insurance..
    hmms..hope i made the right choice...lol =p hope i get into kings ey? or lotsaaa places in clearing..are there normally?

ReputationRep:
    Like jinglepupskye - I'm still waiting for a decision from York! They are taking ages..... However I don't think this matters too much as I'm pretty certain I will be accepting my unconditional offer from Bradford. I also have an unconditional from Manchester met but as I'll be commuting from Leeds then I think its sensible to stay local......Although I really loved manchester met.

So 98% sure I'll be accepting Bradford.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreams24_7)
    Kings is my firm
    and i didnt choose an insurance..
    hmms..hope i made the right choice...lol =p hope i get into kings ey? or lotsaaa places in clearing..are there normally?
    ummmmmmmmm..................no.. ...............sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    ummmmmmmmm..................no.. ...............sorry!
    lol ..i think there were some last year..i got told.
    but ma insurance would have been brunel...which ends up in clearing a lot. so yeah..fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    but ma insurance would have been brunel...which ends up in clearing a lot. so yeah..fingers crossed.
    there are places available through clearing but I wouldn't say there were LOTs

ReputationRep:
    Is there a deadline for applying to courses through extra?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Improbably)
    Is there a deadline for applying to courses through extra?
    the end of the ucas cycle I think, which is some time in June/July..........

ReputationRep:
    If you dont get into Kings (fingers crossed you will!) then i would be running for that phone and clearing number and ringing straight away!!!

ReputationRep:
    last year ther was only one place through clearing and that was at salford uni, even speech therapy and occupational therapy had more:eek:

ReputationRep:
    i was wondering if anyone on here can help i'm having a big dilemma of where i should go. i have offers from Kings, Bristol UWE, Leeds Met and Brunel. my insurance has to be Leeds Met, but i'm stuck between Kings and Bristol UWE for my first choice! i've been to both and really like them both equally! the adavantage of Kings is that i can travel from home so save loads of money and it has a very good reputation , but UWE offer a busary and i do want to stay away from home to experiece uni life a bit!
    does anyone know how the course structure and how many practical hours you do defer from unis?? and is there anything else about the course that i should look at before i choose???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by embrace)
    i was wondering if anyone on here can help i'm having a big dilemma of where i should go. i have offers from Kings, Bristol UWE, Leeds Met and Brunel. my insurance has to be Leeds Met, but i'm stuck between Kings and Bristol UWE for my first choice! i've been to both and really like them both equally! the adavantage of Kings is that i can travel from home so save loads of money and it has a very good reputation , but UWE offer a busary and i do want to stay away from home to experiece uni life a bit!
    does anyone know how the course structure and how many practical hours you do defer from unis?? and is there anything else about the course that i should look at before i choose???
    try and find out about how practical the course is - from what I have heard, the Kings course will suit you if you are very academic but it lacks somewhat with the practical side (there are pracs but more theory) whereas to my knowledge from when I applied the course at bristol is more practcial (obviously still does theory but there is more prac that at KCL)...........I'm a more practical person so Bristol would win for me, but its all about how you work best.....

ReputationRep:
    Well decided now and its done! Coventry is my firm choice and St Georges is my insurance choice. now it starts to get a little more real!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynn)
    Well decided now and its done! Coventry is my firm choice and St Georges is my insurance choice. now it starts to get a little more real!!!
    *shakes head* I am most disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackieS)
    *shakes head* I am most disappointed
    LOL :p: i really liked St Georges but i will spend less money on rent, food, drink in Coventry than i would in London and i have all my mates there as well. But hey i might not get in to Cov then il just have to come to London!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynn)
    LOL :p: i really liked St Georges but i will spend less money on rent, food, drink in Coventry than i would in London and i have all my mates there as well. But hey i might not get in to Cov then il just have to come to London!
    hehehe

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.