Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK i m in a fix .. Well the thing is that I had an unconditional offer for Economics at Cardiff ... I searched EXTRA and found a better course at a better uni .. As a result, I declined all my offers and applied to that uni ! Now I realised that cardiff was right for me and I really want to go there .. they have no places left on the course so I cant apply through EXTRA.
    I contacted the uni and told them that I made a mistake and if they could reinstate my offer ... they said they cant as i negotiating with another uni already !!! I dont know what to do .. I told them Ill withdraw my application from the uni I applied through EXTRA but they still said NO ! I dont know what to do .. Should I eamil them again and ask them to reconsider me ?
    I made such a hasty decision and now I am repenting !!! Need some advice . Can someone help me write a really convincing email to them asking them to reinstate my offer !?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammarb87)
    OK i m in a fix .. Well the thing is that I had an unconditional offer for Economics at Cardiff ... I searched EXTRA and found a better course at a better uni .. As a result, I declined all my offers and applied to that uni ! Now I realised that cardiff was right for me and I really want to go there .. they have no places left on the course so I cant apply through EXTRA.
    I contacted the uni and told them that I made a mistake and if they could reinstate my offer ... they said they cant as i negotiating with another uni already !!! I dont know what to do .. I told them Ill withdraw my application from the uni I applied through EXTRA but they still said NO ! I dont know what to do .. Should I eamil them again and ask them to reconsider me ?
    I made such a hasty decision and now I am repenting !!! Need some advice . Can someone help me write a really convincing email to them asking them to reinstate my offer !?
    I've no experience with this type of thing so couldn't help you - but perhaps you could write a letter, put it in here and as for ways of improving it / things you might have left out?

Tough luck tough, hope you can turn it round.

ReputationRep:
    How is sheffield? Is it better than cardiff in terms of academic reputation etc ?

ReputationRep:
    ammarb87- I think not, Cardiff Rocks.

Then I am a tad biased...........

ReputationRep:
    what a muppet!......

ReputationRep:
    I think its a harsh reality, but the admissions tutors aren't going to show much compassion for fickle decision making! Having said that, if you show how determined you are to study at Cardiff they might consider, the problem is the business school is already over-subscribed on many of its courses so they just might not have enough space!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is over-subscribed... that shows how good the course is and I should have realised this before !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deaks)
    what a muppet!......
    Me!?!

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield is very good afaik - originally my first choice - though I'll be entering a different area of study, so can't comment on economics specifically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megalomaniac _Student)
    Me!?!
    was a bit of an unhelpful post on his behalf :mad: I think he was just talking about the topic starter just coincidence his post was after yours I can't wait to come to Cardiff in the autumn, hehe. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think they're going to be very sympathetic... your loyalty wavered, in a manner of speaking. Plus most people have confirmed places and stuff and if there's no places left in extra...

Sheffield is a fantastic uni though; on par with, if not better than Cardiff. If you're really set on Cardiff though, could you maybe take a gap year and reapply next year? But maybe a begging email would work, might as well give it a go, got nothing to lose!! Good luck, hope it all works out.

ReputationRep:
    CARDIFF Bumayay! CARDIFF Bumayay!

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys .. let the vacations finish .. Only then will I hear from Soton and Cardiff !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammarb87)
    thanks guys .. let the vacations finish .. Only then will I hear from Soton and Cardiff !
    good luck! do let us know how you get on

ReputationRep:
    Yeah guys ... I emailed someone called Wendy in the economics admissions dept and told her about my situation. She said that she'll talk to the Senior Admissions Tutor (SAT) once she comes back from her holiday! I have already spoken to the SAT and she said its not possible but that was before I sent an email to Wendy ... Nothing is going my way! I know I made a hasty decision and am repenting .. dont know what else to do !
    Havent heard from Soton yet .. dont know how long they'll take !

ReputationRep:
    Not meaning to sound too harsh here but I don't think you should be getting your hopes up too much. If this Wendy person is going to speak to the same person tat you contacted then the chances are the answer is the same. However, they can always make exceptions.

Also, did you not even consider at the time that you might change your mind on your Uni choice and therefore give yourself a little bit longer to decide, after all you still have to wait until Sept/Oct to actually go there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKathica)
    was a bit of an unhelpful post on his behalf :mad: I think he was just talking about the topic starter just coincidence his post was after yours I can't wait to come to Cardiff in the autumn, hehe. Yay!
    Yes I was referring to the topic starter and yes it was an unhelpful comment, but come on man......what a joke.......

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.