Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can the toshiba 1.8" hard drives from the 4th gen ipods (60gb) be used in laptops (I've got 1.8")?

These are so hard to get!

ReputationRep:
    doubt it tbh

ReputationRep:
    my laptop has a toshiba 1.8" hard drive, and the ipods' hard drive is 1.8" and is toshiba as well. So I was just wondering if the hard drives are the same.

ReputationRep:
    it's possible, the iPod is basically just a hardrive after all..i'll found out for you.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking that it will different in some way, like connections, formatting type etc.....

ReputationRep:
    Laptops usually use 2.5" drives so i've been told..are you sure that yours is a 1.8" mustard?

(Original post by Navajo)
    I was thinking that it will different in some way, like connections, formatting type etc.....
    well formatting type, the ipod HD's are formatted in FAT32 as opposed to NTFS, if you look on eBay you can see the actual hard drives they use...

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    Laptops usually use 2.5" drives so i've been told..are you sure that yours is a 1.8" mustard?
    yeah, 100& sure. I've got a toshiba portege p2000, which is a really thin laptop, I've taken out the drive and it looks the same as the ones of ebay...

ReputationRep:
    then it most likely will work mate. you could always e-mail apple to be 100%...you don't wanna be disassembling a working iPod not knowing for sure whether it will work or not.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xavier2k3)
    then it most likely will work mate. you could always e-mail apple to be 100%...you don't wanna be disassembling a working iPod not knowing for sure whether it will work or not.

regards
    --marty
    nah, you can get these off ebay

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.