Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

i need help with my relationships in access watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i have creted relationships in access, but i want to link it in such a way that one table can collect data from another, i did enforce referential integrity and evrything but it says "invalid field defnition 'Customer ID' in definition of index and relatioinship"

can some pleas help me sort out this problem. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Well first you only want relationships to your link table, or things get complicated.

Then i'd try making the fields again. Untechnical l know, but always works for me.

OR my favourite tool for Access coursework, something called MS Paint it can make a screenshot look exactly how it should

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpatel400)
    i have creted relationships in access, but i want to link it in such a way that one table can collect data from another, i did enforce referential integrity and evrything but it says "invalid field defnition 'Customer ID' in definition of index and relatioinship"

can some pleas help me sort out this problem. Thanks in advance
    This can happen if you try to use data type autonumber in both tables - one of the CustomerIDs needs to set to data type Number.

HTH
    FatMax

ReputationRep:
    ive changed it but it still says the same problem

ReputationRep:
    post screenshots of the table designs, ie. the tables you are trying to link. That will give us a better idea of whats going wrong.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.