Turn on thread page Beta

tanning moisturizers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    im wanna get one but im not sure which one to get, i was just gonna go with johnsons.

anyone got any recomendations?

ReputationRep:
    yeh that johnsons one is pretty good, very subtle

ReputationRep:
    Johnsons does give a subtle, even colour but personally I found it made my skin greasy and I kept getting loads of spots so I had to stop using it. Apparantly the Dove one is quite good.

ReputationRep:
    i used to use johnsons but as im fairly tanned anyway it didnt make much of difference so i went for a self tan. be careful if ur pale coz johnsons turned my friend orange and that was the fair version. there are lots of variations of it though which u cud try like dove, piz buin or superdrugs own.

ReputationRep:
    I used Dove and it's quite good.

Used it twice and noticed a difference...then went away and forgot it!

But if you don't like it - 3 days and it's all gone!

ReputationRep:
    theres a new 1 from garnier and it seems quite good.the johnsons 1 is kinda greasy makes u feel sweaty or something i found!and the dark one goes a lil streaky i found 2...

ReputationRep:
    I'm very pale and think the johnson's one is great. And it's half price in Superdrug at the moment so less than £3 just to try it isn't bad! xxx

ReputationRep:
    I bought the johnsons one because it was on special offer in Boots. I think it's quite good...the difference in colour is quite subtle on me, but my legs are definately not milk-bottle white like they used to be!

ReputationRep:
    The Dove one works so well! I used it twice, not reallising it was a tanning lotion and voila!

ReputationRep:
    yeh the dove one is really good, i bought it a couple of days ago and could see a result after a couple of days xxx

ReputationRep:
    I use the johnson's one sometimes, and i've got quite dark skin already so it doesn't make a huge difference but it gives quite a nice subtle colour. the thing I really hate though is the smell!

ReputationRep:
    The johnson's one smells funny... Or do they all smell like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twiga)
    The johnson's one smells funny... Or do they all smell like that?
    They all do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlpants)
    yeh that johnsons one is pretty good, very subtle
    My brother bought some of that crap and the results were laughable - his face was discoloured and more yellow looking than brown/tanned...

ReputationRep:
    i prefer the dove one to the johnsons personally, thought it was much better!

marks and spencer also have one which i may try and the new puiz buin one too looks good!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What is the Dove one like? If I was gonna get one I would want the results to be really subtle (especially as I don't go that brown anyway!)

ReputationRep:
    it starts of pale and then builds up the more times you put it on it doesn't go streaky either
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Hmm...may try that then.

ReputationRep:
    I use the garnier one and I think it's pretty good. Stupidly put it on whilst drunk in the dark so was a bit streaky but that's all sorted now. I think it smells nice too, and I'm not as worried about getting my legs out in the Summer now! Oh and it was buy one get one free in Boots!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by NobodyReally)
    I use the garnier one and I think it's pretty good. Stupidly put it on whilst drunk in the dark so was a bit streaky
    Lucky it wasn't actual self tan then!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.