This discussion is closed.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
... after 2 months of searching, have finally found a place to stay next year, and this after having lost two properties in the last 2 days, due to being beaten by a matter of hours on getting back to the landlord to sign the contracts.

When will people learn that mid-terraces can't be made into effective 4 bedroom properties, and that for this purpose END-terraces should be focused on, as they can be suitably extended.

Anyway, I have my place, we've got it for the next two years we reckon.

£52.50 per week, in the predominantly student settlement of Crookes in Sheffield.

25 minute walk to Uni every morning is going to be the same as I walk now.

It's just the pressure, I've been having to slacken off some of my lectures/classes this week to make viewing, and its so nice to know that I don't have to worry about anything anymore.

What a nice way to go into the weekend.

Hope everyone has found a nice place to live in their second and third years of studies.
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm a bit worried because I may be thrown on the street when I return from studying abroad but know i'm guaranteed for the third year
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Congrats, not looking forward to having to organise that, sounds majorly stressful!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
... after 2 months of searching, have finally found a place to stay next year, and this after having lost two properties in the last 2 days, due to being beaten by a matter of hours on getting back to the landlord to sign the contracts.

When will people learn that mid-terraces can't be made into effective 4 bedroom properties, and that for this purpose END-terraces should be focused on, as they can be suitably extended.

Anyway, I have my place, we've got it for the next two years we reckon.

£52.50 per week, in the predominantly student settlement of Crookes in Sheffield.

25 minute walk to Uni every morning is going to be the same as I walk now.

It's just the pressure, I've been having to slacken off some of my lectures/classes this week to make viewing, and its so nice to know that I don't have to worry about anything anymore.

What a nice way to go into the weekend.

Hope everyone has found a nice place to live in their second and third years of studies.
well done!
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
House hunting is really stressful. Isnt Crookes far from your uni department though?
joyabbott
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I hated house hunting - It's such a stress.

Luckily, I moved into my friends house this year, and will be staying here for my final 2 years
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've found a place for next year too.. the problem is getting the money for deposit and stuff .
Expression
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
House hunting is really stressful. Isnt Crookes far from your uni department though?
Crookes is only as far as Endcliffe Crescent is from it.

My lectures are always going to be split between Hicks and St Georges, but yeah it's 25-30 minute walk each way.
Expression
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nylex)
I've found a place for next year too.. the problem is getting the money for deposit and stuff .
Security deposit is only going to be £200 - £250 or so; surely you haven't overspent by that much, to have virtually maxed out your overdraft.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Crookes is only as far as Endcliffe Crescent is from it.

My lectures are always going to be split between Hicks and St Georges, but yeah it's 25-30 minute walk each way.
Hehe its quite funny cos you seem to be living by my lectures and I'm living by yours. Maybe they think the exercise is good for us.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Security deposit is only going to be £200 - £250 or so; surely you haven't overspent by that much, to have virtually maxed out your overdraft.
I haven't overspent. Don't wanna use my overdraft.. it's not free money. Deposit on our house is £270 and then there's another £217 for first month's rent.. it's a lot of money.
Expression
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nylex)
I haven't overspent. Don't wanna use my overdraft.. it's not free money. Deposit on our house is £270 and then there's another £217 for first month's rent.. it's a lot of money.
Not denying its alot. Especially at a time where you are still having to pay for the final installment of the first year accomodation out of the loan.

I think it's why Overdrafts gradually get bigger over the course - to account for the shortage of cash over the summer.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (180)
38.22%
Take autumn exams (145)
30.79%
Look for a job (16)
3.4%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.46%
Take a year out (81)
17.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.94%

Watched Threads