Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm really struggling with AS physics and wondered if anyone could recommend a revision guide specifically for edexcel physics. i had a look on amazon and it seems that, Make the Grade: As and A Level Physics (Nelson Advanced Science), is a good book? has anyone else got this?
    thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.g.x.)
    hi, i'm really struggling with AS physics and wondered if anyone could recommend a revision guide specifically for edexcel physics. i had a look on amazon and it seems that, Make the Grade: As and A Level Physics (Nelson Advanced Science), is a good book? has anyone else got this?
    thanks.
    Um yeah I have it...It is sort of good. I do recommend it

ReputationRep:
    U need only that book to get an A. ITs a must buy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.g.x.)
    thanks.
    Its a genius book. Our school only had enough for the upper sixth and we got stuck with some crappy ancient version. I photocopied someone elses and put it on the physics bill. Problem solved...

ReputationRep:
    Is this book a MUST buy, for someone who is working on a C/D and wants....scrap that....NEEDS an A?

Is this just all the single NAS books i.e. Mechanics and Radioactivity, Electricity and Thermal Physics....joined into one? Or is this more of a revision guide with notes and stuff?

Also where can I buy a good copy? And it'll probably arrive on wednesday if I order it, so will that be too late, for an exam in May?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    try amazon it will be the best yeah its got all the main points and the experiments aswell which is also good ! ima use it to do AS phy in my gap year next year

ReputationRep:
    Thanks..

I also need to know before I order it, whether that book is just the seperate (NAS) books joined into one...or if it is something better

ReputationRep:
    its more a revision guide whereas the other seperate ones are more text books i think.

ReputationRep:
    The NAS books are utter nonsense (the orange ones for physics). Dont even think about buying them! It's the revision guide thats a must buy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo~)
    The NAS books are utter nonsense (the orange ones for physics). Dont even think about buying them! It's the revision guide thats a must buy.
    i disagree they cover everything needed for edexcel

the make the grade is more of a last two weeks of revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popop12345)

They cover everything?! Ofcourse not! It's a ridiculous book! It just directs you straight to the point/facts without any explanation whatsoever & then we say physics is all about concepts :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neo~)
    They cover everything?! Ofcourse not! It's a ridiculous book! It just directs you straight to the point/facts without any explanation whatsoever & then we say physics is all about concepts :rolleyes:
    i cudnt have said it better myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandra)
    i cudnt have said it better myself!
    Hehe :p:

ReputationRep:

Clearly, we aren't talking about the same books...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizfissy815)
    Clearly, we aren't talking about the same books...
    Yeah thats the only reasonable explanation :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2006
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.