Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I was looking at old threads and one of things that was said a lot is that last year the reason the housing allocations went so badly, with quite a few students living with host families etc, is because 'more students met their conditional offers than expected.'

Anyway, this got me thinking, at the time when I applied my predicted grades where perhaps not ideal considering what they were asking for- they wanted for my course AAB with an A in lit, I was predicted AA and then A/B for lit so obviously I wasn't expecting an offer with their standards being so high and with the tons of aplicants they get and all.

But now I'm wondering if they made an offer to me, did they make a lot of offers to people with predicted grades that fall slightly short of what they want? And if they did does this mean there's going to be the same accomodation nightmare again this year!!!

Please let me know what all your predicted grades where XXXXX

ReputationRep:
    My offer was BBB and I was predicted AAB (though I ended up with ABB and missed out on my firm, Sussex was my insurance uni)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd worry so much, if I were you.

Part of the reason for the massive accomodation problems last year was that there was LOADS of people applying to escape top-up fees. It shouldn't be that bad this year...

ReputationRep:
    thats a really good point about the top up fees! hadnt thought about that!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...965305,00.html

As this link shows, uni applications are down this year. I would ignore the usual times style doom and gloom however.

Last year really wasn't representative of a typical uni application cycle. People were just scrabbling to get on a course. Although i'm quite glad i'm starting this year instead, as believe it or not top up fees actually help me!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.