Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

18th birthday- whats so great about it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OK so in just over 9 hours I will officially be an adult.apparently. but i just cannot for the life of me think of anything to be excited about! I can't go shopping as planned, cos mum's busted the car..and only half the people i asked can come to my birthday meal in the evening tell me it gets better than this!!!

ReputationRep:
    it does, and happy birthday:party:

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, up to you how it is!

I'm gonna go pub, down a few pints then head on over to my local bookies to lose all my birthday money (Yeah right, i'm gonna double it!)

ReputationRep:
    You can legally drink for gods sake go out and get wrecked ! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    All in all it's just another birthday... some try to pump it up but honestly, just another year.

ReputationRep:
    My 18th was like 3 months ago! It's great cause you'll never need to worry about having I.D. again. If your quite young looking (like me sometimes) being 18 is so great.

ReputationRep:
    18 pint challange!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ESBay)
    All in all it's just another birthday... some try to pump it up but honestly, just another year.
    A quiet one in, on the 18th, did we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    18 pint challange!!!!!
    pmsl, doubt anyone here would even make it to the 2nd pint! :>

ReputationRep:
    lol I soo want to go out somewwhere more exciting than a bloodyrestaurant, but none of my friends are 18 and they just wont get in! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    But that includes me of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    it does, and happy birthday:party:
    thanks!

(Original post by rpotter)
    18 pint challange!!!!!
    I prefer an 18 shot challenge myself. I doubt 18 pints of liquid would actually fit into me.

ReputationRep:
    awww hun, i know how u feel. no1 wanted to come out for my bday a month ago. just be happy and enjoy the meal, maybe go out to celebrate when all ur friends are 18 too?

:hugs: lotsa huggles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    A quiet one in, on the 18th, did we?

hehe, I honestly wish it was... I'm not a birthday guy but class mates don't care...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pineappolis)
    I prefer an 18 shot challenge myself. I doubt 18 pints of liquid would actually fit into me.
    These beautiful things called a 'toilet' would solve that problem. ;]

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know what you mean. Tbh, mine won't be such a big thing either. My sister went clubbing in London for her 18th. Not too bad!
    Not bad at all. My sister had the whole family over... gave a speech, then went clubbing in Istanbul.
    Oh well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi)
    awww hun, i know how u feel. no1 wanted to come out for my bday a month ago. just be happy and enjoy the meal, maybe go out to celebrate when all ur friends are 18 too?

:hugs: lotsa huggles
    aww yeah i definitely will be dragging out the birthday celebrations

These beautiful things called a 'toilet' would solve that problem. ;]
    Finding the thing after the 12 pints or so might present an entirely new one.

ReputationRep:
    Your 18th will be what you make of it. If your friends aren't old enough to go clubbing yet, why not go back to yours after the meal, buy some drink, and have a mini party. Even if theres only 4 or 5 of you, you can still watch movies and have a good giggle, reminisce about the good old days and play silly drunken games

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.