Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks! Just got a little question My Chemistry portfolio is with a lack of a better word sh*t I think im on a 4 Don't ask me how i managed but I did, I was wondering seeing as I'm really not bad at chemistry nowadays ( just on hte portflio part) and ihave my HL chemistry exam comming up will i be able to get a 7? In my mocks i got a 7 but the IA wasen't counted and I have no idea how to calculate and stuff so if someone knows if its possible to get a 6 or a 7 with a 4 in the IA part please let me know. Thank you all!!

all the best!

ReputationRep:
    sorry to say so but i think that with a 4 in IA it is highly unlikely that u get a 7 in ur final grade even if u have pretty good exam papers..

but still maybe your IA grades are a bit higher than what u now think so i guess if u have a high 7 in ur written exams (sth like 90%), with a 5 in ur IA u may get a 7 in your finals!!

as for a 6 i think with a 7 in ur exams and a 4 in ur IA u can get it

fingers crossed and good luck:yy:

ReputationRep:
    Well the IA is worth 24% of your final grade, so if you think you've got a 4 in ur IA, then you have essentially got between 22-27 out of 48 which means you are walking into the exam with 11-13.5% of your final grade out of the 24% that the IA is worth. In order to get a 7 from last year's grade boundaries, you would need at least 80% overall, which means you can still get a 7 overall, so long as you don't lose (roughly) 20% overall - so you can probably afford to lose another 6-9%, but this is all worked out from last year's grade boundaries, which may go up or down this year.

ReputationRep:
    nice calculations. agree, there is a chance of getting a 7 if you study like crazy. however, about the grade boundaries. during the last exam, i.e. november 05, one should have gotten 38 out of 40 to get a 7!!! well, that's not really 80%. but then again, on paper 2 one should have gotten 69 out of 90 (but that paper 2 was damn tough!!!).

again, if you are a good boy (and from "sammm" i hope i can assume you are a boy; if your username was a joke, then sorry) all the way till thursday may 18th, then you have a chance.

all the best of luck to you

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the responses and I will be a good boy Even if i dont get a 7 feels good that i atleast stand a chance even though i realise it might be hard Thanks again for putting my mind to ease and even if i get a 5 or 6 it won't be the end of the world ..

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.