What do you think the ideal weight for a 6"2 man is..?

Watch
SmashConcept
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tufc)
I am carrying perhaps 2lbs more than I should. I can fit into a 36" pair of trousers if I want something slightly tighter. I suppose it was misleading because I'm probably a 36" who prefers a baggier look.
LMAO this is dumber than the right wing stuff you used to post.
Advertisement
trainer666
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
your not pathetic for being 72Kg, your weight is right for your chosen sports, you very rarely see a pro footballer of 11.5 stone and good class triathletes are even less, so your right for your sports.
You will not get bigger by doing long distance running that's a certainty, even playing football once a week will severely impair your recovery abilities.
If you want to get bigger do HIT type training for fitness and conditioning twice a week , do brief but intense full body workouts with weights or bodyweight also twice a week.
Eat plenty of raw natural foods, and I mean prepare your food so you always have something with you healthy and natural to eat, sweet potatoes are a great source of carbs for someone struggling to gain weight.
Don't waste money on supplements, most if not all are crap, stick to natural food.
Lastly do not be impatient, gaining lean muscle takes time, you should be looking at around two years to get to 90kg from where you are now.
I am 6ft 1 and 87kg and look pretty good and am very well conditioned through doing HIT.
best of luck
dazza1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm 13 stone 5 and 5 ft 10 I look little stocky I go gym but I prefer to have weight on me I also go gym 3 days a week trying to build chest and shoulders
dazza1234
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Supple mens do work by the way
Herasy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow, I'm 6'3" and almost 16 stone and quite lean but broad, I'm a 2nd row rugby player. I think I'd look really ill at 13 stone. 34 inch waist and 42 inch chest, all reading through this has told me is that there is no ideal weight lol. I personally think I could gain half a stone more and it would benefit me while still looking lean.
Advertisement
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Herasy)
Wow, I'm 6'3" and almost 16 stone and quite lean but broad, I'm a 2nd row rugby player. I think I'd look really ill at 13 stone. 34 inch waist and 42 inch chest, all reading through this has told me is that there is no ideal weight lol. I personally think I could gain half a stone more and it would benefit me while still looking lean.
Epic bump...

Crazy how genetics play a part. I'm 6'2'' and being at 13 1/2 stone these days means I'm about 10% bodyfat, and I must still look big because I still get a lot of comments on it and still maintain 17 inch arms. At that weight though I'm a 30 inch waist with a 45 inch chest.
TVFilthyFrank
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
90kg
Advertisement
username2269391
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by newts2k)
Say if he's in his mid 20's and his build is slight but toned. I currently weigh 11.5 stone and am skinnier than I would like. I need to stay athletic for tennis and football. I would say I have quite broad shoulders but would like to get bigger everywhere, mainly legs and chest. My legs are too skinny, my arms have some muscle but still look thin, mainly as they're quite long. My target weight is 13 stone and 8% bf. My build is ectomorph so struggle to put on weight. Do you think this is a good target or would I look a bit weird at this size. Could you put your weight and height as well and describe your body? cheers

11.5 Stone is about 73kg? That's pretty far on the skinny side for someone your height, I used to be a very similar build and I remember people commenting on how thin I was a lot, it started to get annoying so I piled on 20kg... Do your friends and family often say you look skinny? cuz if they do, you should seriously increase your food intake and maybe lift some weights for a couple months... Try to get 88kg, that would be the minimum for looking big
username1339858_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Weight alone is irrelevant.
What looks good on you and what you are happy with.
BMI doesn't take into consideration bone density, water consumption and body fat.
Advertisement
username1339858_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TommyLingo)
In my opinion weight alone as a factor is irrelevant, it doesn't take in to consideration bone density, water consumption and fat and muscle weight. If I were you I'd focus on BF% and Muscle Mass. Forget all that BMI and average weight nonesense. Train until you're happy with your physique then maintain it. Drink lots of water, take in over 200g protein a day and try to get 8 hours sleep per night. Happy building!
^^This basically
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aspiringlawyerr)
Out of interest what was your chest size before you started working out? I'm 6 ft and I have a 38 inch chest and work out a bit and was just wondering if it's normal to have that sized chest or if I've just got **** genetics :/ haha
I was about 40''. Hard to define what's big and what's not though, my clavicle region is pretty wide but before I started lifting I'd disappear if I turned to the side :lol:
Advertisement
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I honestly don't think it would ever be possible for me to get anywhere near a 45 inch chest/ 17 inch arms though mate haha, consider yourself lucky with those beast alpha genetics. I work out a lot and try to eat well (although I get full easily 😂) and my body just refuses to put on much muscle at all. Like I have 12 inch arms up from 10.5 inches after 2 years of intense working out, does it sound like I'm doing something majorly wrong or is it common for some to just have zero muscle building ability? How easy was it for you to put on muscle?
Cheers buddy, yeah don't get me wrong I've trained hard for 4 years and always had my diet dialed in but I've got decent genetics tbf. What's your overall weight gain mate? Usually a lack of muscle gain comes from not eating enough.
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Overall weight gain was like 7kg went from like 63kg to 70kg lol. I literally eat everything I can as well. Everyone else in my family are the skinny type so I'm guessing it must be genetics would you say that's to blame for weak frame/ inability to gain muscle?

DEFINITELY need to eat more mate. If it was just a lack of muscle then I'd say training needs looking at, but after 2 years of bulking you'd expect quite a bit of fat gain as well. I gained about 10kg of muscle in my first year, only gaining a small amount of fat, but after that I stopped gaining and needed to increase my caloric intake and start accepting a bit of fat gain because eating at maintenance obviously wasn't working anymore. Seems like you made decent newbie gains but then hit the wall once they were milked. Might seem like you're eating all you can atm, but more calories are needed I can assure you that. Try getting more liquid calories - you can use milk, whey protein, powdered oats, olive or walnut oil, peanut butter... you can get 1500 calories in one shake, blend all that **** up and honk it down Try getting in 3000 calories a day, EVERY day. Train on a well-established program (Google a program named Lyle McDonald's Generic Bulking Routine if you're stuck for one, great program). Train hard to progress in weights as the weeks go by. Do all that right, and you cannot fail to gain!
Advertisement
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha cheers for writing all of that mate! Great help! I do already drink workout stuff like protein shakes and stuff but I suppose I'll just try and get more calories in somehow. Haha so if I follow all of this I'm going to come out of it with 45" chest and 17" arms right? 😂😂
If you stick with it for a good few years then you may very well do so
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At 17 i was 6'1 and 11 stone. I looked like a stick.

At 19 i peaked at 6'4 and passed 15 stone. I was chubby.

Logic therefore dictates (though my build was always a bit narrow) that the optimum for 6'2 is probably 12-14 stone.
Liamsam01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am 5ft10 male with a large body frame I weight 11.7 stone I was just wondering is that a good weight
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Edit: why did you bump this thread
Advertisement
It's****ingWOODY
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Liamsam01)
I am 5ft10 male with a large body frame I weight 11.7 stone I was just wondering is that a good weight
Make a new thread, you'll get more replies there. Don't bump old threads, it's ****ing annoying.
AllAboutTheBeard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
im 6ft 2 39 years old, last year i was 15st 10 some point almost hitting 16st, now im 14st 2, was 38 waist now 36 and can wear skinny syle jeans, feel much better and people have noticed and commented and dont look thin by any means (still work to do in my own mind), next aim prob about 13and half stone and call it quits there.
Had done absolutley nothing fitness wise for about 15 years then started running again....small changes that you can do and more importantly keep up for a lifetime than binge diets have worked wonders for me.......also grew an epic beard its amazing what changes like that can give u confidence and what complete stangers notice and compliment you on.
Ive always had the attitude that most people are *******s (prob purely from my own mindset at the time and lack of confidence) but there are genuinely amazing folk out there who actually care and are worth your time.
HENEEDSSSOMEMIK
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well i am 6 2 and i am just 10 stones (151lb or 68kg)
Am I healthy or should i be 80 kg?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%