The Student Room Group

US Visa for Summer Camp

Hi, I'm going to Camp Lake Hubert in Minnesota this summer. I got my placement through BUNAC. I just have a few questions about the visa application process:

Will the embassy send me a confirmation letter of the date/time of my interview?
Will the embassy also send me a 'paying-in slip' for the application fee? or should I have requested one when I booked the interview?
Which forms do I have to fill in and take with me? Is it just the one on the internet that prints out a barcode?
How long does the interview take? Just so I know what train to get!

Cheers
yea the embassey have 2 send you a confirmation letter otherwise you cant get into the embassey(well thats belfast)
they should send you a pack and in that should be the visa reciept which you take £60 to the bank and get them to stamp the reciept them you stick half of this to your visa forms and keep the other part.
you fill in ALL the forms just to be on the safe side but tyea you have to print the 1 withthe barcode out from the internet but fill it in on the comp befor u print it out...
and depending on were you r the interview itself usually takes about 5 mins (well mine did) but i had to wait outside in a q for about 2.5 hours before i got into the embassy and then security check...but in the interview you just get ast a few questions about ur placement and job etc and then they take a scan of ur fingerprint just:smile:
hope this helps...
and wear warm clothes standing outside for ages and ages i was frozen!

Latest