Turn on thread page Beta

should i press charges? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    stupid law.If a lad was 14 and shagged a 18 year old girl would the girl be accused of rape?
    what 18 year old girl would shag a 14 year old though, lets be honest....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    stupid law.If a lad was 14 and shagged a 18 year old girl would the girl be accused of rape?
    no, it is not statutory rape that way round. Well it sounds as if you consented, if you rejected him twice and did not want to do it, walk away and leave him. That goes for all you girls out there, do not get pressured into having sex, it is weak and unfairr on the guy, because they always rebound to him and say but i was pressured. If you want to have sex, do so, if not walk away and if he wont leave you alone, call the police, tell your parents, do something.

Mouse come on MSN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    yes.
    I don't actually think she would. The laws are different for women, I believe - statutory rape and the age of consent technically only applies to girls, so while a woman could be charged with indecent assault for having sex with a 14 year old (although why she'd want to - gangly and spotty - yum) it's not statutory rape.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 15 a 20-odd year old man was pressuring me to have sex. I didn't realise until he said "I'll be gentle" and I screamed at him and never saw him again. Regardless of what happens, you need to learn to stick up for yourself as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotchick200)
    i took da mornin after pill
    um, you dont always get pregnant from having sex, the morning after pill is just a form of contraception. Btw go and get tested for STDs, and use proper protection next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    no, it is not statutory rape that way round. Well it sounds as if you consented, if you rejected him twice and did not want to do it, walk away and leave him. That goes for all you girls out there, do not get pressured into having sex, it is weak and unfairr on the guy, because they always rebound to him and say but i was pressured. If you want to have sex, do so, if not walk away and if he wont leave you alone, call the police, tell your parents, do something.

Mouse come on MSN
    I agree totally - but Some young girls find it hard to say no and whether this makes them sluts or not, if she was underage, he shouldn't have asked, never mind pressured her.

Look, you know in yourself what happened, you may have been pressured u may not, in any case you were a minor. Someone (i cant remeber who) said 'think how you will seriously mess his life up', well maybe he needs his life messing up! Press charges, you've obviously suffered a great deal of stress over this and that's not right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    what 18 year old girl would shag a 14 year old though, lets be honest....
    a desperite 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I don't actually think she would. The laws are different for women, I believe - statutory rape and the age of consent technically only applies to girls, so while a woman could be charged with indecent assault for having sex with a 14 year old (although why she'd want to - gangly and spotty - yum) it's not statutory rape.
    Quite correct, discrimnation within in the law against males - its digusting.

ReputationRep:
    look, he obviously didnt force you, dont press charges; it seems from what you've said that it was as much your fault as it was his

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Quite correct, discrimnation within in the law against males - its digusting.
    Its funny how people think that things such as domestic violence, rape, etc. only happen to women, and presume that the perpetraitors (sp) are male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    . Someone (i cant remeber who) said 'think how you will seriously mess his life up', well maybe he needs his life messing up! .
    That was me. I was trying to say that if she knew in her heart of hearts that she consented it would be morally wrong to incriminate him. DOn't be pressured by social services (to press charges) or by him (not to press charges). You need to make up your own mind, and like I said in my last post - stand up for yourself from now on because it's an important life skill

It could have happened to me too but I was strong enough to say no and to get out of there sharpish.

ReputationRep:
    well, whether u like it or not, its rape, and a 18 year old doing a 14 year old is a little weird. hopefully u wont get anything bad out of it, and be much more cautious the next time sometihing like that happens.
    as for pressing charges, do if u want. itll teach that fool a lesson. i dont think its bad for the age difference, since, like hi everi1 said that people are ready for sex at different ages, but if he forced u into it, then show himi how wrong he was.

now to be a little less mature - let him get butt raped in prison :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you consented, as far as I'm concerned it's not rape. Are you seriously damaged from the experience? If not, I dont see how anyone can justify prosecuting him for it. No, I don't think you should press charges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moo100times)
    well, whether u like it or not, its rape, and a 18 year old doing a 14 year old is a little weird.
    It's not rape if she consented. How about a 16 and a fifteen year old? Or a 15 year old and a 14 year old. Or an 17 year old girl and a 15 year old boy? It's just the same and I wouldn't call it rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    If you consented, as far as I'm concerned it's not rape. Are you seriously damaged from the experience? If not, I dont see how anyone can justify prosecuting him for it. No, I don't think you should press charges.
    Hear hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi everi1!)
    So he pressuredf you into it? In that case i would say yes, press charges...men like him need to be taught a lesson and find girls thier own age. Don't feel bad, even though you feel as though you totally did and do understand what's going on you're a minor - therefore you can be easily influenced.
    This man was wrong to persuade/pressure you in to bed with him so press charges!
    If a minor isn't deemed responsible enough to choose whether she wants to have sex or not, then why are they entrusted in deciding whether somebody is charged with rape?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    It's not rape if she consented. How about a 16 and a fifteen year old? Or a 15 year old and a 14 year old. Or an 17 year old girl and a 15 year old boy? It's just the same and I wouldn't call it rape.
    That is just nasty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    That is just nasty.
    What is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    as far as i was aware, it is illegal to have sex with a girl under the age of 16, whether she consents to it or not. it was an act passed something like girls under the age of 16 do not know what sex really entails, and thus cant be trusted to make the correct decision(something along these lines).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazing)
    If a minor isn't deemed responsible enough to choose whether she wants to have sex or not, then why are they entrusted in deciding whether somebody is charged with rape?
    good point...but it's not the chgild that decides, just because they press charges the person isn't necessarily charged - although in sensitive cases involving this, the accused useually 'goes down'.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.