Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Excuse me!? Nah those are Juwels.
    nope - he lost them when he became a eunuch attending in W2S's quarters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    lol
    Hmm, I attribute your poor quoting abilities due to old age. I am pretty certain I said tentacles.
    no one is that innocent

ReputationRep:
    is da age of consent 4 grls 17?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    is da age of consent 4 grls 17?
    Sixteen so unlucky for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    nope - he lost them when he became a eunuch attending in W2S's quarters
    Perhaps a hemephrodite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Sixteen so unlucky for you
    indeed it is 16 - how come he didnt know that? LSE are lowering their standards me thinks ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Perhaps a hemephrodite?
    he should be so lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    indeed it is 16 - how come he didnt know that? LSE are lowering their standards me thinks ...
    haha..good1 there!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    haha..good1 there!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Very true, but due to excessive mollycoddling (which is by no means a bad thing), girls of this age are no longer mature enough to mother a child in modern Western society, even if they are to have sex.
    Well, I think it's not entirely mollycoddling. Previously, girls were brought up with one purpose only - to get married and to have children. To that end, they were reared and taught everything necessary to catch a husband and to be a good wife - see Gone With the Wind for a perfect example of this in the 19th century! There was no thought that they might want to have an independent existence of their own and so they weren't taught that. That is the benefit we have now.

Biologically girls under 16 are ready to have children, but that doesn't mean psychologically. Yes, as everyone is pointing out, some people are psychologically ready before 16, but I think this girl is a case where she wasn't, else she wouldn't be talking about it like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    It looks to me like she didn't realise she wasn't ready for it at the time, so kinda "went along with it", and now regrets it. Seems to happen often and has wrecked many an unsuspecting guys life, with needless "rape" cases. Lets not make this another.
    When an 18 year old guy forces a 14 year old girl into sex when she's not sure about it, I'd hardly call him unsuspecting.

ReputationRep:
    It looks to me like she didn't realise she wasn't ready for it at the time, so kinda "went along with it", and now regrets it. Seems to happen often and has wrecked many an unsuspecting guys life, with needless "rape" cases. Lets not make this another.
    yes but, if the guy is over 16 and the girl is under, it isn't a case of 'let's not let this be another rape case' - he was in the wrong to have even asked as sum1 said earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    When an 18 year old guy forces a 14 year old girl into sex when she's not sure about it, I'd hardly call him unsuspecting.
    From what was said, it doesn't sound like he forced her. She let him convince her to have sex. We don't even know that he knew how old she was, she hasn't answered. He may have thought she was of age.

ReputationRep:
    glad another person concurs with me!

ReputationRep:
    i shaged a lad and nearly got pregnant
    you said yourself "you shagged him" so it seems to me you concede yourself that you were not raped, and how do you "nearly" get pregnant? :P

ReputationRep:
    18 year olds that have sex with 14 year old girls are just v. sad and insecure and arent attractive enough to get into such a position with a girl their age - anyone who does that should be tried as a paedophile for under-age sex - no question about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    SAying "I shagged this lad" suggests your agency in the matter. If you did consent then seriously think about how you could mess his life up if you decided to press charges.

I thought exactly the same Gimp. It's nopt morally right to incriminate someone just cause you feel crap because you know that you made a mistake. Perhaps she wants to "save face" by saying he raped her..? I'm just speculating here

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it, if the guy took advantage of an obviously underage girl (ie. he instigated it/talked her into doing it), charges should be brought against him (especially if he didn't use protection). If the girl herself actively pursued sex, the guy was still in the wrong for succumbing, but I don't think charges should be brought. It also depends on the individual. A lot of courts will look at the girl and her level of physical and mental maturity when assessing these kind of cases.

ReputationRep:
    But being "not sure about it" doesn't make it rape. She says "i don't think i waned 2 but i just went along wid it" - in other words, looking back upon it she regrets it, but at the time didn't really reject it - she says she said no, but if her actions didn't say no (ie, get dressed, go home) she may aswell have kept her trap shut.

I wasn't referring specifically to anyone when I made the "unsuspecting" comment, but in this case he probably would be, as he may not even have known she was under 16, and she didn't seem to do anything at the time to suggest she would accuse him of rape.
    I see where you're coming from, and I'm not convinced that she actually didn't consent. True, we don't know that he knew she was underage, but I don't think that pressuring someone into sex (saying "It's going to happen anyway" is somewhat pressurising, if you ask me) is wrong regardless. Clearly there was some doubt expressed, so this guy knew that she wasn't sure. I totally agree with blissy that it's possible to make it a lot clearer than just "no, I don't really want to," but I'd hardly call him innocent or unsuspecting.

ReputationRep:
    Who says she's "obviously underage"?
    No-one. If she isn't then that's a different question, and a court would clearly take that into consideration. If it cannot be proven that the guy knew her exact age, or if she looks/acts in such a way that she may plausibly appear 16, this would all count in his favour.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.