should i press charges? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Infinity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Infinity - I'm basically agreeing with you! I'm just trying to say to eleenia that in a case like this where the facts aren't clear, we can't just condemn him as a rapist or her as an innocent victim. Really, we don't know enough, and seeing as the original poster is not here, we're just debating hypothetical situations.
I know you are, I was just adding to what you said is all.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
I can't argue this anymore because its just going round in circles.. the fact is in legal terms it wouldn't matter if she 'consented' because a 14 yr old has no legal power to consent to sex. Even if she was over 16 saying no once is enough for it to be considered as a rape case.
I disagree to a point, yes saying no should be enough, but she basically admitted she said no, but then agreed to go ahead with it. I don't know, but the whole thing is making my head hurt. Like you said Let's agree to disagree.
eleenia
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
I disagree to a point, yes saying no should be enough, but she basically admitted she said no, but then agreed to go ahead with it. I don't know, but the whole thing is making my head hurt. Like you said Let's agree to disagree.
yeah... i'm all outta fuel!! I think its i'm arguing from the point of view of what the law states and you're arguing from your personal perspective. but statutory rape is certainly anyone under 16.
DazYa5
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
lol the whole thread is hilarious
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DazYa5)
lol the whole thread is hilarious
Do you never give up?
eleenia
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Do you never give up?
erm, apparently not. That was me giving up! I was just saying we were coming at the question from different angles. over and out!
DazYa5
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
Do you never give up?
give up?! huh?!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eleenia)
erm, apparently not. That was me giving up! I was just saying we were coming at the question from different angles. over and out!
Oh no, I was referring to DazYa5. He's been banned 4 times already.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Oh I agree 100%, and if what the thread starter is saying is infact true she is a prime example, she couldn't even stand her ground. But I really don't think the guy knew her real age, and to be honest most guys don't just make a comment like the one she said, unless something was already going on between them. I'm not saying she was asking for it or anything, but she really didn't do anything to avoid it either. As it was stated before, I think she was ok with it then and now regrets it, maybe she thought they would start a relationship and now she's pissed at him because he didn't.
That's abit of a contradiction though, I mean, if you agree that the law is there to protect under 16s who can't deal with this emotionally why are you suddenly putting blame on her becasue she may have wanted a relationship?
Surely this is just a characteristic of a person underage who wasn't emotionally ready for sex who wanted much more than she got. She obviously fits into the catagory of not being ready/able to deal with sex so she should be protected by the law - even if she was hurt that so littl came from it.
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Right, she said that she said no twice he made a comment so she just went along w/ it, (ie. consented to it) She didn't have to go along w/ it as from what she said no threat was made, she could have walked away and should have. If did know that she was just 14, he deserves an ass kicking for it. But I doubt that he knew.
I disagree. It's very likely that he knew. I grew up ina rough area and when in high school, i remember that the majority of the girls who'd had underage sex did so with older men. These men knew damn well how old they were because they picked them up from school. They preyed on young girls because they knew that they were the only people they would be desirable to...through flattery alone if nothing else.

It's likely that this man persued her BECAUSE of her age.
hotchick200
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
sorry my computor crashed last nite and i've only just read the threads 1. he did no how old i was
2.i never looked at him as dating material or just a friend i hardly new him
3.after some of the more encouraging posts i have decided 2 press charges so wish me luck andthnx 2 dem ppl who did put encouraging posts

luv
Laura
xxxxxxxxxx
Cyst
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by hotchick200)
sorry my computor crashed last nite and i've only just read the threads 1. he did no how old i was
2.i never looked at him as dating material or just a friend i hardly new him
3.after some of the more encouraging posts i have decided 2 press charges so wish me luck andthnx 2 dem ppl who did put encouraging posts

luv
Laura
xxxxxxxxxx
This is a whole load of ********.

1 - He never raped you as this did not happen.

2 - Why are you disscussing whether to press wharges with a forum full of people who couldn't care less.

3 - Whether you choose to press charges or not, legally you are a minor so the police would have gone ahead and charged him anyway.

4 - How exactly did you "nearly get pregnant"?
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cyst)
Hynic (sp) manouvere?
Cyst
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Hynic (sp) manouvere?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
hotchick200
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Cyst)
This is a whole load of ********.

1 - He never raped you as this did not happen.

2 - Why are you disscussing whether to press wharges with a forum full of people who couldn't care less.

3 - Whether you choose to press charges or not, legally you are a minor so the police would have gone ahead and charged him anyway.

1-he DID nd it DID
2-coz i don't no em so i wanted sum 1 elses opinion
3-not necessarily
4-i took the morning after pill
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This thread makes me laugh. Okay i'm not in the nicest of moods so ignore me.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
1-he DID nd it DID
2-coz i don't no em so i wanted sum 1 elses opinion
3-not necessarily
4-i took the morning after pill
Here, have a nice shiny medal.
hotchick200
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Here, have a nice shiny medal.
yea next time u want to share your opinion feel free 2 keep it 2 your self yea!
hotchick200
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
This thread makes me laugh. Okay i'm not in the nicest of moods so ignore me.
yea well u must have a very bad sense of humour
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yea next time u want to share your opinion feel free 2 keep it 2 your self yea!
Is your story true???
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads