Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey im doing the Chartism for Edexcel Unit 6 and i was wondering if anyone knows any good websites to help with finding out more info on the themes of chartism and if i can get some sample/specimen papers from any other board which does chartism cause i only have a few from edexcel? any help is appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i am doing Chartism too for Edexcel unit 6.... i am clueless! My teacher is rubbish and now she is leaving so we have a supply teacher until the end of the year and i cant but help i know nothing about this topic! any help would be gratefully received!

ReputationRep:
    Try the "Access to History" books, the study guides, and others designed for students- I found them really helpul. For example, "Chartism" by Eric Evens (who hapens to be the chief examiner for this topic for Edexcel- not saying you should definately read this book to find out his POV or anything... ;rolleyes, "Chartism" by Royle, and another with the same title by Asa Briggs. Each of these summarises the key points of the movement, gives evaluations of the schools of historical thought and the historiography, goes through exam style questions, and stuff; in short, everything you need!

I'm sorry I can't do any more than this, I did it last year and made a lot of handy notes and study aids. Unfortunately, I'm at uni and my notes are in my teacher's office back at school, 200 miles away, so that's a no-no, I'm afraid...

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou so much for your help Fadetoblackout - im going to order the chartism books now! ive got the access to history chartism book by harry browne which is good and relatively clear in terms of explaining the themes. NehalK i suggest you buy that book if you're completely lost
    We havent even finished the syllabus in history yet and im seriously panicking cause i really want a good A in the alevel (and need an A in fact! lol) and theres little time!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah im gna get them too! erm alexandra where did u get that book from? iv been looking but not found the access to history books anywhere! yeah i need a B in this but in reality id like to get an A! oh yeah iv actually ordered a few past papers with their according mark scheme and examiner reports from the edexcel website! im hoping that should give insight into the nature of the questions and the relevant content that is required to acquire marks, that could be useful too? exams aint too far away.... scary thought hey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NehalK)
    yeah im gna get them too! erm alexandra where did u get that book from? iv been looking but not found the access to history books anywhere! yeah i need a B in this but in reality id like to get an A! oh yeah iv actually ordered a few past papers with their according mark scheme and examiner reports from the edexcel website! im hoping that should give insight into the nature of the questions and the relevant content that is required to acquire marks, that could be useful too? exams aint too far away.... scary thought hey!
    i found the access to history on:

When you get the edexcel papers is it possible if you could email the markschemes to me please? ive got the papers but my teacher doesnt have the mark schemes (they might not be very helpful but at least they're better than nothing). Im going to start revising chartism next week, when i make notes, ill email them to you PM me if you need any help x

ReputationRep:
    That would be wicked thanks! yeah as soon as i get them il email you the mark schemes, i think they are from the june exam from the last 3 years. Yeah i am gna start revising soon too! but theres soo many things to do isnt there!? like iv also got the other history unit; Bismarck and Germany but i have more of a clue in that one! Damn these unis and their high requirements!
    good luck, il speak to ya soon

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 18, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.