Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of my choices got back to me today with an unconditional offer, but I thought this was only available to those who have already sat A Levels? Is this an error?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Contact them to make sure, but they could just be so impressed with your reference, PS, predicted grades etc that they want you!

ReputationRep:
    maybe, but be happy and if it is a good uni then accept it before they retract it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff, not sure if its something theyre known for doing? Ive emailed them anyway so ill see what they say.

ReputationRep:
    let us know how it goes, i hope it is right, how cool would that be!? i've got my fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    someone i know got an unconditional offer so perhaps it wasn't an error.

ReputationRep:
    it can happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allan87)
    One of my choices got back to me today with an unconditional offer, but I thought this was only available to those who have already sat A Levels? Is this an error?
    May be an error, but they might just want you really badly. Good job.

ReputationRep:
    It was an error! Somehow they thought I already sat my A Levels :confused: dont see how if none of my other choices did? As it was an error on their part though they phoned me to say they were not going to withdraw it

ReputationRep:
    Not going to withdraw it? :eek: Cardiff must really want you!

ReputationRep:
    Now thats what I call lucky!

ReputationRep:
    If you want to go, then go. Dont bother if you dont want to go, they must really really want you!! They didnt want me, however. Never mind, wasnt my first choice uni any way.But, did get Chester as my first choice, conditional though. You're soooo lucky!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allan87)
    It was an error! Somehow they thought I already sat my A Levels :confused: dont see how if none of my other choices did? As it was an error on their part though they phoned me to say they were not going to withdraw it
    congrats on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    whoop! that's fantastic! are you going to accept?

ReputationRep:
    congrats on the offer

i think you might have used up quite a lot of your fair share of luck - i wish something like that wud happen to me - fingers crossed - lol

ReputationRep:
    if I got an unconditional I don't think I'd bother to check. That way I could have grounds for legal action if it got to results day and they say they're not interested because I've got XXX grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ice_cube)
    Now thats what I call lucky!
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    i know a couple of ppl at school who havent finished their a levels yet and have unconditionals for enginerring at manchester!! they r not exactly the cleverest of ppl either.... dunno y perhaps its cos they r girls and they want girl engineers cos they r really not that special othewise....imo i would LOVE an unconditional buut make sure u continue working, my school hate them cos they make ppl think they dont need to do any work when in fact employers take ur a levels into consideration more and more nowadays cos loads of ppl with good degrees, but GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    Aww, what a nice story! heh

What was it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    Aww, what a nice story! heh

What was it for?
    Computer Science, still got to go in to school tomorrow to hand my c/w in tho!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

Student on bed with laptop

All student accommodation articles

City guides and advice on finding the right place

Photo of apprentices

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A young woman talking to her mother

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.