Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey! thought all of us that got a place to read law at lse (and put it down as firm choice) could get to know each other here! (there might be a thread somewhere which i might have missed, please tell me if there is so i can delete this one). Which halls have you picked if you have yet?

ReputationRep:
    OMG wowness! LSE is my firm and QMUL is also my insurance You come from cyprus? Cyprus is a GORGEOUS country i love it so much, when i went i stayed in a Limmasol (sp?).

Ha, slightly off topic oh well!

Halls - Bankside, Roseberry, HH

x

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm coming to LSE for law (if I get the grades hehe). I'm a londoner so i'm not living in halls. See you guys in September hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Another law offer holder here! Well i can only join you all this fall if i get the grades that is... Anyway accommodation which i applied to are Rosebery, Carr Saunders and Bankside...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simply_greg)
    OMG wowness! LSE is my firm and QMUL is also my insurance You come from cyprus? Cyprus is a GORGEOUS country i love it so much, when i went i stayed in a Limmasol (sp?).

Ha, slightly off topic oh well!

Halls - Bankside, Roseberry, HH

x
    hehe hey!!! i live in Limassol!! :p: Its not really a gorgeous country, i hate the heat (which is kind of wierd for someone who has lived there practically all their life to say!) Wierd how weve got the same firm and insurances!! hope ill see you in LSE!

i put down high holborn as my first, bankside 2nd and 3rd rosebery hall! similar again! x

ReputationRep:
    I envy your sunny weather and excellent tan haha :p:

Hope to see you too (hoping I get the grades).
    Why did you go for HH as a first choice, is it cus of the location? Its a lovely place but self-catering.... oh dear you'll be smelling burnt food :rolleyes:
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simply_greg)
    I envy your sunny weather and excellent tan haha :p:

Hope to see you too (hoping I get the grades).
    Why did you go for HH as a first choice, is it cus of the location? Its a lovely place but self-catering.... oh dear you'll be smelling burnt food :rolleyes:
    x
    hahaha yeah the tan is the only good thing about living here!
    I went for HH because a friend i have who studies there, lived in that hall (she's in her 4th year now doing law) and strongly recommended it. I went for it because of location because it is literally right in the centre. But looking at bankside (which has ensuite single rooms.. ahhh) i want to go there, but in terms of location ,its "far" from all the action. I wanted self-catering cause i dont mind that much the whole cooking business. Dont worry i wont be smelling burnt.. well hopefully my hair doesnt catch fire while i try to make a toast lol xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra)
    she's in her 4th year now doing law
    4th year? LLF i presumed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathscythe HG)
    4th year? LLF i presumed?
    yeah the law with french degree.

ReputationRep:
    ic...well actually i was wondering why LSE stop offering that course...

ReputationRep:
    from what ive heard (from my friend there doing it now), its because many people who sign up to do the LLF decide they just want to stick with LLB instead and dont go to paris to do the extra year. and seeing as its a small amount of students doing the LLF, LSE i suppose decided theres no point in running it. It might change if demand for it increases..

ReputationRep:
    main reason is that lse doesnt have a dedicated language department as opposed to other big universities which do.

ReputationRep:
    oh i see...thanks for clarifying.

ReputationRep:
    did you want to do the LLF but had to stick with just the LLB instead?

ReputationRep:
    who was the exchange partner for the LLF?

ReputationRep:
    er no...you see i know nothing about French...lol. And technically in Malaysia we only accept LLB, that's right, BA (except Oxbridge) and law combined with another subject are all not qualifying degrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathscythe HG)
    er no...you see i know nothing about French...lol. And technically in Malaysia we only accept LLB, that's right, BA (except Oxbridge) and law combined with another subject are all not qualifying degrees.
    haha :p: its the same here in cyprus, anything that isnt traditional (ie Law or medicine etc) isnt really taken into consideration.. unfortunately! must be the same for you in malaysia the problem here is the traditional way of thinking people have which means they're not open-minded to other ideas etc But things are slowly changing now that were in the EU. hmm i seem to have digresed a bit, ill stop now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octavius85)
    who was the exchange partner for the LLF?
    i dont know. i just know my friend who went over to paris.. nothing about who came over to lse..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra)
    i dont know. i just know my friend who went over to paris.. nothing about who came over to lse..
    I think they were asking about which uni the lse exhange is with It is one in Paris, but not sure which...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexeynechaev)
    I think they were asking about which uni the lse exhange is with It is one in Paris, but not sure which...
    hahaha! yes.. and im plannign on going lse.. hmm.. :rolleyes:

i think its the university of paris (not 100% sure though)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.