Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

eBay and Paypal watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've recently joined eBay and i've set up and validated a paypal account using a banka ccount in order to pay funds into it.
    What i was wondering though was whether i could purchase items on eBay and pay for them through Paypal even though there are no funds in the paypal account but there are in my bank account.
    This is what Paypal says under Add Funds:

"You may make payments from your bank account without adding funds to your PayPal balance.

However, if you feel more comfortable knowing that there are funds in your PayPal balance, you may add them now. While waiting for the funds to clear, you may continue using your PayPal account as usual. "

I'm not quite sure how to interpret that.

You can do that, its fine. You dont have to have money in your Paypal account.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can, you don't have to have funds in the paypal account. Simply bid for something and once you win the money will be transferred from the bank account to the sellers account in paypal.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks uzi and Rahmed

ReputationRep:
    No problem

Its Kool
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You may end up sending an E-Cheque (it's a strange paypal thing, you can't make it happen or even stop it happening!) which will take about 15 days to clear.

ReputationRep:
    ^ yeh, depending on the type of card/account that you set up paypal with.

regards
    --marty

Fortunately I only had the e-cheque thing happen to me once...:rolleyes:

Just be careful with that, the money doesnt leave your bank account till about a week later (you may forget and theres zilch in your account at the time, then your bank charges you an overdraft fee).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.