Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Just wondering what uni people reckon i should go to, to study history V100.
    Ive been accepted at York (AAB, A in hist) Sheffield (AAB), and i'm not sure where to go, because York is a better uni and will eventually get me a better degree, but i like sheffield better as a place and the course has more flexibility.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Tough question, go for Sheffield, I might be going there .

ReputationRep:
    Hi, well I currently have an offer for law at sheffield and im going to try to change to history.

I decided that sheffield is where i want to go because of the course flexibility, the people seem friendly and because the university as a whole seems to be really forward looking and progressive. Also you can sign up for seminars that are on at a time to suit you and all the staff have free hours in the week when they stay in their office and students who are having problems can go and see them.

ReputationRep:
    There's a similar thread under General uni discussion. I have offers for both as well for History and put York as firm and Sheffield as insurance. Both are good unis but I think York is overall more prestigious and has an amazing History dept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauradee88)
    Hey!
    but i like sheffield better as a place and the course has more flexibility.
    If you prefer the course and the uni then pick it. 'Prestige' means nothing if you're not enjoying your uni life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa_87)
    If you prefer the course and the uni then pick it. 'Prestige' means nothing if you're not enjoying your uni life!
    This is one of the best pieces of advice i´ve seen on here!

I´d go for Seffield over York. My bro went there and loved it, it´s a good city. And as i´ve just said in another thread, it´s got Sir Ian Kershaw teaching there, which can´t be bad at all.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Laura. Yeh i agree Sheffield lol!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.