Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually stressing out MAJORLY now. Yeah 4 As at AS, but 2 were low, and im not happy with the coursework ive done in them this year (although i dont actually have the marks back yet).

I'm just so sick and tired of all this pressure...of course i want to get into oxford but grrrrr the stress is killing me!!! plus theres the little matter that i'll b a massive **** for not gettin the grades

depressin and scary times

ReputationRep:
    go study!! :P

ReputationRep:
    exams will be fine. just don't know if i can salvage the As if my coursework turns out to be ****e.

erghhh...... you clever people and your cleverness.

ReputationRep:
    hey, you know what - if you were smart enough to get in you're certainly smart enough to get A's at A-level. I know it must be hard what-if-ing, but try to stay calm and it will be fine.. breathe, lots of luck, PFL xx

ReputationRep:
    thanks but still bricking it.

im thinkin i got an offer because a) i can bull sh*t for england and b) maybe the interviewer fancied me.

seriously though isnt anyone else feeling the strain?

ReputationRep:
    interviewer fancied you ... omg.

ReputationRep:
    clearly joking...allow.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by WokSz)
    interviewer fancied you ... omg.
    Ask Popa Dom about his interviewer and the velvet jacket incident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesjay)
    I'm actually stressing out MAJORLY now. Yeah 4 As at AS, but 2 were low, and im not happy with the coursework ive done in them this year (although i dont actually have the marks back yet).

I'm just so sick and tired of all this pressure...of course i want to get into oxford but grrrrr the stress is killing me!!! plus theres the little matter that i'll b a massive **** for not gettin the grades

depressin and scary times
    dont know if this is any help to you...but i am feeling exactly the same

what college and subject have you got an offer for if you don't mind me asking (mines Jesus college, biochemistry)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing English at Hertford (hopefully)...just around the corner from you!!! Will be there a year later than you though (hopefully). Look out for Piers Lemoine (geo) and Tom Jemmett (his) at your college - fairly legendary fellas.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, this is a familiar feeling.

The two months between the end of exams and results day will be awful. I'll be trying to enjoy myself, but there'll always be this thought in the back of my mind that I c*cked up the exams and won't know where I'll be come the autumn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom391)
    Oh yes, this is a familiar feeling.

The two months between the end of exams and results day will be awful. I'll be trying to enjoy myself, but there'll always be this thought in the back of my mind that I c*cked up the exams and won't know where I'll be come the autumn.
    I'm guessing it'll be the same at university, though.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jamesjay]

im thinkin i got an offer because a) i can bull sh*t for england QUOTE]

SNAP- i think a lot of people must be thinking this and i know i for one are seriously stressing about making my offer. the worst thing is you know you should be able to make the grades but getting there just seems to be a long way off. i am just praying that the faith my teachers seem to have in my cames through for the exams as i dont have it in myself

ReputationRep:
    ha. at least ur teachers have faith in you. mine are fed up with me.

ReputationRep:
    mind you that seems to be faith that is somewhat dying!
    does anyone else think that A2s are so much harder than AS- like way way harder? coz i found ASs relatively easy but this year i am struggling badly

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel better I seriously doubt Im going to make my offer (you always know deep down what level you're on currently in terms of grades, regardless if you dont get them on a bad day and I am not at AAA).

And I have no insurance. (year of mandatory military service for me if I fail..ew).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manellowzworth)
    And I have no insurance. (year of mandatory military service for me if I fail..ew).
    :eek:

How come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena)
    Ask Popa Dom about his interviewer and the velvet jacket incident.
    That sounds interesting....do tell.

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is pretty much a common feeling for everyone except people with unconditional offers, I remember just how I felt and it's not nice. You will get through it though, just try and calm down because the stress may influence your performance in the exams

ReputationRep:
    in the words of my uncle:

"Do tell old chap."

That was directed to Popa Dom.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.