Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Does anybody know how A-levels and B-units are marked? I'm doing two B-units (equivalent to A-levels), and I need 70% in both in order to get into the uni I've been accepted at. So how does this work? I have to do 5 pieces of course work (which is 40% of the final mark), and a final exam in June (which completes the remaining 60%). Straight forward so far. Right. Does that mean that in order to obtain an overall 70%, I have to achieve 70% in all pieces of course work, and 70% in the final exam? I thought so until I put it another way. I'm currently averaging 65% on my course work. But if the course work only accouts for 40% of the overall mark, that would mean I have already achieved 26%. So in order to make up the remaining 44%, does that mean I would only require 31% in the final exam?

    I know this is mega confusing but a bit of clarification would be a great help!



    No because that would be 57% what you would need is 44% in your exam because 60%+40%=100% Although aim for the best marks that you can get on both that way you have less pressure when you go into your exam, and a better chance of passing it.

    It's the total that the Uni asked for so it is the whole total that you will be judged on.

    What are B Units?

    :ditto: What is a B-Unit
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.