Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone know whos got a better reputation for accounting and finance, cardiff or exeter? iv got to chose between them but im stumped :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auerm)
    anyone know whos got a better reputation for accounting and finance, cardiff or exeter? iv got to chose between them but im stumped :confused:
    i would say cardiff, only knowing that my economics teacher was at cardiff uni, and he thought the economics department was very good

ReputationRep:
    and i think the ranking is slightly higher for cardiff, but it really doesnt matter at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auerm)
    I think another member in here, Gemma or someone? Was thinking of accounting at exeter, try and track her down!

ReputationRep:
    i check all the rankings, it wasnt much good tho caus in one they would be high, in another not so high

cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    I think another member in here, Gemma or someone? Was thinking of accounting at exeter, try and track her down!
    I am indeed going to do accounting and finance at Exeter in October. Well Exeter is better than Cardiff for accounting and finance - their teaching and research is quite similar though i think. Exeter have a fantastic employment rate for this degree - 96% and 3% onto further study, which is a good thing. I personally didnt think of Cardiff, honestly that is because they were not rated as high as Exeter and some of the other places I applied to, however I hear that Cardiff is a good place to go to uni in general, however I don't know much about it, only from my friend whose sister is studying Biology there. Have you been to the departmental open day? I know someone who did a degree in Economics and something (i cant remember what exactly) but he graduated last summer and didnt have a problem getting a job in London

ReputationRep:
    i know someone who did accounting at cardiff and graduated last summer and he recomended it so i thought i'd apply. i also have a mate doing computer science there and he thinks its cool.

i did go to the open day and it was fairly impressive. facilities arnt as good as cardiff but the teaching quality seems to be higher.

im just a little put off by the "barber coating" as the guardian puts it. i live in exeter too so it would be convienient - altho i would move into the halls. i just donno wether i would suffer by not having a change of scene...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auerm)
    i know someone who did accounting at cardiff and graduated last summer and he recomended it so i thought i'd apply. i also have a mate doing computer science there and he thinks its cool.

i did go to the open day and it was fairly impressive. facilities arnt as good as cardiff but the teaching quality seems to be higher.

im just a little put off by the "barber coating" as the guardian puts it. i live in exeter too so it would be convienient - altho i would move into the halls. i just donno wether i would suffer by not having a change of scene...
    for me i definitely want a change instead of hanging round at home all the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auerm)

Yeah, i see what you mean by the change of scenery - i'm not going to uni near home because i want a change

ReputationRep:
    see im stumped, my accounts lecturer suggested i toss a coin... :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.