This discussion is closed.
Auerm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
anyone know whos got a better reputation for accounting and finance, cardiff or exeter? iv got to chose between them but im stumped :confused:
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Auerm)
anyone know whos got a better reputation for accounting and finance, cardiff or exeter? iv got to chose between them but im stumped :confused:
i would say cardiff, only knowing that my economics teacher was at cardiff uni, and he thought the economics department was very good
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and i think the ranking is slightly higher for cardiff, but it really doesnt matter at all
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Auerm)
I think another member in here, Gemma or someone? Was thinking of accounting at exeter, try and track her down!
Auerm
i check all the rankings, it wasnt much good tho caus in one they would be high, in another not so high

cool
gemma1811
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
I think another member in here, Gemma or someone? Was thinking of accounting at exeter, try and track her down!
I am indeed going to do accounting and finance at Exeter in October. Well Exeter is better than Cardiff for accounting and finance - their teaching and research is quite similar though i think. Exeter have a fantastic employment rate for this degree - 96% and 3% onto further study, which is a good thing. I personally didnt think of Cardiff, honestly that is because they were not rated as high as Exeter and some of the other places I applied to, however I hear that Cardiff is a good place to go to uni in general, however I don't know much about it, only from my friend whose sister is studying Biology there. Have you been to the departmental open day? I know someone who did a degree in Economics and something (i cant remember what exactly) but he graduated last summer and didnt have a problem getting a job in London
Auerm
i know someone who did accounting at cardiff and graduated last summer and he recomended it so i thought i'd apply. i also have a mate doing computer science there and he thinks its cool.

i did go to the open day and it was fairly impressive. facilities arnt as good as cardiff but the teaching quality seems to be higher.

im just a little put off by the "barber coating" as the guardian puts it. i live in exeter too so it would be convienient - altho i would move into the halls. i just donno wether i would suffer by not having a change of scene...
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Auerm)
i know someone who did accounting at cardiff and graduated last summer and he recomended it so i thought i'd apply. i also have a mate doing computer science there and he thinks its cool.

i did go to the open day and it was fairly impressive. facilities arnt as good as cardiff but the teaching quality seems to be higher.

im just a little put off by the "barber coating" as the guardian puts it. i live in exeter too so it would be convienient - altho i would move into the halls. i just donno wether i would suffer by not having a change of scene...
for me i definitely want a change instead of hanging round at home all the time
gemma1811
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Auerm)

Yeah, i see what you mean by the change of scenery - i'm not going to uni near home because i want a change
Auerm
see im stumped, my accounts lecturer suggested i toss a coin... :rolleyes:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (16)
38.1%
Take autumn exams (17)
40.48%
Look for a job (1)
2.38%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.38%
Take a year out (6)
14.29%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.38%

Watched Threads