Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Are the Israeli army good people? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought of them as nice and friendly, or do whatever is required of them to do.

Until I heard of this; a fellow Brit, a photographer killed by them?

I don't understand? What am I missing here? :confused: It's disgusting and barbaric.

First of all, rest in peace Tom Hurndall.

Oh there he is, the number one terrorist. A young, small innocent photographer.

Maybe he had no right to live because he was trying to save the lives of children? Or um, do the Israeli army not like children? If the children are not allowed to play in their own country, then were are they meant to play? In Israel? After being stripped naked every single day at the checkpoint? Well that's a little harsh. Is the Israeli army bad? Are they bad? Why are they bad? Why can't they be nice, even to British people?

Secondly, why are we so far up their a** when they don't give a crap about us?

Do we all agree the Israeli army are not nice people? Does anyone have any silly excuses for this brutal murder? Where have they learnt of this barbaric behaviour? Who teaches them?

Doesn't Israel want anyone to respect them?

ReputationRep:
    One Israeli soldier = bad, therefore all Israeli soldiers = bad. Brilliant logic there.

ReputationRep:
    Um, let's review the facts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...er/4142548.stm

So the soldier who shot him got 8 years. Fact.

What about what happened to Zahra Kazemi?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3923837.stm

Does that mean that all Iranians are bad becuase of what happened to her? No.

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought of them as nice and friendly, or do whatever is required of them to do.
    A victim of the pro-Israeli western propaganda?

The Israeli army have been a part of an occupying force for many years. Will the Western media only start noticing when it's own citizens start being killed, and not the Palestinians, who have been sufferring for 60 years, because of British and Western Incompetance?

Whatever it takes to open peoples eyes I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    They are soldiers doing the bidding of their paymasters. Good, lovely, nasty, horrid, or indifferent etc really doesn't come into it.

I'm not sure of the circumstances surrounding Tom Hurndall's untimely demise but going into one of the world's most dangerous zones with the aim of acting as a human shield does carry with it certain risks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    One Israeli soldier = bad, therefore all Israeli soldiers = bad. Brilliant logic there.
    How stupid.

So no one has ever heard of any other incidents very very similar to this? Don't act stupid Johnny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusfarhan)
    How stupid.

So no one has ever heard of any other incidents very very similar to this? Don't act stupid Johnny.
    There were dozens of murders in London in the last year alone; clearly all Londoners are murderers.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, as previously mentioned, the army's mission is not to kill innocent people. That's why they launched a large investigation into it. Israel condemns the killing, it doesn't celebrate like the Palestinians do when they blow Israelis up.

Secondly, images can portray whatever you want them to. How do you know what he did after that? How do you know he wasn't posing? I've seen various pictures of Palestinians posing, pretending to be in poverty or being in what looked like a clash with the army.

Being stripped naked at checkpoints? Where did you get that garbage from? Nobody is stripped at checkpoints, unless perhaps they are hiding a bomb in their clothes.

Seen as though you're into pictures, here is a picture of the Israeli army, playing with Palestinian children, at a checkpoint. How ironic.

[/URL]

Oh and look, here's another one of Israeli soldiers giving out free doughnuts to Palestinians.

[/URL]

Have you ever been to Israel? If so, then you'll have surely seen that soldiers help old people cross the road, carry their bags, etc. Oh I forgot, that sort of thing isn't mentioned anyway. Just the bad. By few individuals.

So in conclusion, yes, the Israeli army are, on the whole, very nice people.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    :top: Hear hear Gemgems89!

ReputationRep:
    No, but neither is any force who attempts to justify murder.

I watched the program this happened in about a year ago - IMO the soldier should have got more than 8 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straas)

I watched the program this happened in about a year ago - IMO the soldier should have got more than 8 years.
    What? For manslaughter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straas)

Most British murderers don't even spend that long in jail, so you really shouldn't be talking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Most British murderers don't even spend that long in jail, so you really shouldn't be talking.
    Your being a little loose with the truth again, the only sentence that can be imposed on a person over the age of 21 who is convicted of murder, is a mandatory life sentance, there is no discretion available to the court.
    Under the recent legislation changes a tarriff is now set by the home office, prior to this a life sentance equated to a minimum of 20 years, with first parole becoming available after 1/2 of the sentance, 10 years.
    Under the new legislation the tarriffs set are invariably higher than the previous 20 years and therefore first parole is beyond 10 years.
    Minimum time served used to be able to be set by the court, fixing a minimum sentance limit that was higher than the 10 years minimum requirement for a first parole.
    Therefore the majority of British prisoners serving time for murder used to serve more than ten years in jail.
    Are you confusing murder and manslaughter?

ReputationRep:
    heres the simple fact - if he hadn't been there he would be sitting at home with his family now. he made his choice and he was eliminated.

ReputationRep:
    What bull****. I'll lay bets that that is the precise opposite of the truth and you are just trying to stoke up hatred by pretending your views have changed.

Oh there he is, the number one terrorist. A young, small innocent photographer.
    A "young, small, innocent photographer" who joined an organisation that openly condones and actively supports terror against Israeli civilians. A group that has stashed weapons, interferes with IDF operations and shelters terrorists. Photographers who are just there to take photos don't join rabidly anti-Israel, terrorist-sympathising groups.

Do we all agree the Israeli army are not nice people?
    No, not at all. However I think you are a lying, propagandising, cowardly, pathetic little piece of sh*t. I have no sympathy for people like you who support terrorism and LIE through their teeth. I hate liars with a passion and the pro-palestinian side is rammed full of them. Tom Hurndall stuck himself in a pro-terror organisation in the middle of a war-zone and got a bullet in the head. I have no sympathy for his motives and no sympathy for him or his organisation, they volunteer for everything they get.

Doesn't Israel want anyone to respect them?
    I hope that Israel never changes its ways because lying little ****wits like you don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    heres the simple fact - if he hadn't been there he would be sitting at home with his family now. he made his choice and he was eliminated.
    If your parents hadn't had sex and you hadn't been conceived you couldn't make pointless posts on internet forums.

ReputationRep:
    Any disciplined army, such as the Israeli one, is only as evil or benevolent as it's upper-rankers.

ReputationRep:
    Just like there are Iraqi torturing U.S soldiers, and racist policemen - there's going to be the odd 'bad-un' Israeli soldier.

Did anyone catch a glimpse on the news when there was an Israeli soldier completely flipping out on several photographers. The security present didn't pose to much a threat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElWilson)
    Did anyone catch a glimpse on the news when there was an Israeli soldier completely flipping out on several photographers. The security present didn't pose to much a threat.
    That was the guy who was sent down for 8 years.

ReputationRep:
    Yep - security seemed to just watch kick about 6 journalists :P

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.