Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Could someone please fill me in about how accommodation works at Bristol for people holding insurance offers? I've submitted my reply to UCAS, when should I expect to recieve the brochure?

It says on the Bristol Uni Website:
    Insurance/Clearing Offer students
    Students who are holding an Insurance offer or who apply through Clearing will be sent the Accommodation Form and Prospectus when they firmly accept Bristol as their place of study. These students will be considered for any remaining or late places within University accommodation
    Does this mean that I recieve the brochure if I miss the grades for my firm in August? And will I have any choice about my hall, or will I just be placed wherever there are places?

Cheers! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They'll send you a form in August if you miss your firm offer, and then you choose between all the halls. They don't really give you much indication (other than a crappy bar chart) that you won't get in to either Wills, Durdham, or Goldney, and that it's almost certain that you won't get in to Churchill, Clifton Hill House or Manor, which leaves Hiatt Baker, Badock, and University, though University Hall goes pretty quickly as it's self catered and there's a lack of self catered accommodation.

You can apply to any of the Student houses and be almost certain of getting in, and I wouldn't advise against it as they're pretty much halls without a bar (though you can use any of the other halls bars, and you're close to the center so you can become a regular at the Highbury Vaults as early as freshers week!)

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Stevee. I don't really mind what hall I go to, so long as it's self-catered. Do you think that'll be possible?

ReputationRep:
    Certainly, just as long as you state that you strongly prefer the idea of self catering. You'd probably be best off applying to Manor, though you might end up in a Student House (and even that's no bad thing as everyone that I've met from them have said how much they enjoy it.)

However, hopefully you'll get your three As and go where you want!

ReputationRep:
    True, but thats unlikely, and I'd be very happy at Bristol! Now hopefully I'll get AAB :/ I much prefer the idea of halls rather than a student house... And I didnt like the look of manor hall! Is it just me being fussy, becuase theyre all probably the same? I know most people want to go to Goldney, and it looks really nice, but I quite like the look of University Hall (because it's in Stoke Bishop) too

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.