Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I hate every single thing about Germany. The fact that we allowed them to have their country back immediately after the war astounds me more than anything, considering the ****ing huns started two world wars. How can a nation be so blind to the evil that was in Hitler's regime. The army let itself be run over into mass killing squads. Would that have ever happened in this country, not a ****ing chance!
    There language is also the most barbaric on earth, it is absolutely disgusting to hear them speak. This sounds like racism I know, but we hate Germans and they hate us. The difference is, we beat them twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy)
    I hate every single thing about Germany. The fact that we allowed them to have their country back immediately after the war astounds me more than anything, considering the ****ing huns started two world wars. How can a nation be so blind to the evil that was in Hitler's regime. The army let itself be run over into mass killing squads. Would that have ever happened in this country, not a ****ing chance!
    There language is also the most barbaric on earth, it is absolutely disgusting to hear them speak. This sounds like racism I know, but we hate Germans and they hate us. The difference is, we beat them twice.
    come on, as you said this is blatant racism and i think you are generalising your opinions far too much.

perhaps a less radical opinion?

ReputationRep:
    gibt es irgendwelche Deutschen hier? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You are stupid Germans are some of the nicest people I know, they are considerate, funny and genuine..... there language isnt that bad either. German songs and bands are good. you have no idea what you are talking about

ReputationRep:
    You clearly know very little about Germany and as a result you're talking utter nonsense (now goes and asks her mother how to swear in German )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    You clearly know very little about Germany and as a result you're talking utter nonsense (now goes and asks her mother how to swear in German )
    The people of that country sat back as six million people were executed. The army partook in that when clearly they could have completed a military cou. As they say if the government loses the army then there is no government.

Fair enough I went a bit far, lol probably got caught up in the moment. Sorry. Just don't particularly like them, that is blatant generalisation I know. Did you know that ex SA soldiers get a state pension and military pernsion in Germany? Farce.

ReputationRep:
    The people of that country sat back as six million people were executed. The army partook in that when clearly they could have completed a military cou. As they say if the government loses the army then there is no government.

Fair enough I went a bit far, lol probably got caught up in the moment. Sorry. Just don't particularly like them, that is blatant generalisation I know. Did you know that ex SA soldiers get a state pension and military pernsion in Germany? Farce.
    If i filled you with propaganda for years and your economy was non-existent you would do what you were told too if I said i could get you a better life.

ReputationRep:
    You can't blame the Germans for feeling intimdated when the war-issue is brought up. They have been unfairly generalised and associated with the Nazis. It were the Nazis who did all the bad stuff, not the Germans. The majority of Nazis back then were German but it would be unfair to generalise all Germans as Nazis. Anyways, it was over 50 years ago anyways and Germans today are different to what they were back then (I'm probably generalising here myself! Lol). I would love to learn German one day.

ReputationRep:

why farce? what else could anyone do except for go along with it or be killed if they opposed?

ReputationRep:
    I could give you all a history lesson but it would take so long, most of the elements on the above posts are quite right, however it's hard to say if propaganda was in fact effective, in most places in Germany the overt propaganda didn't appear to be working but that's also not to say the German people knew what was occuring and that they did not make a stand against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I could give you all a history lesson but it would take so long
    please dont

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    please dont
    lol. I won't, i'm too tired

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    I was chatting to some people at work today and i was shocked at the negative way which they talked about germans. I am studying alevel german, and hoping to do german as part of my degree next year, i have visited germany on 3 occasions and have found the germans to be really nice.

Can it be that some people still havent got over the war? Or that their parents indoctrinated them to think germans were bad? It seems that germans, out of all countires, get the most stick from the Brits.

At my school only 3 people took alevel german when i did, and the following year nobody took it as an AS level, ive heard the same story from many other schools.

Why do people hate germans?
    yeah i agree, German's get bad press... so what if they nick all the sunbeds and the womenfolk haven't discovered immac? They gave us NUTELLA and KINDER-EGGS for crying out loud... cut them some slack!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    yeah i agree, German's get bad press... so what if they nick all the sunbeds and the womenfolk haven't discovered immac? They gave us NUTELLA and KINDER-EGGS for crying out loud... cut them some slack!!!
    Yea, Britain and the USA have had their fair share of bad moments in the past.

ReputationRep:
    lol, rep for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    lol, rep for you!
    and me too please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byakugan_neji)
    Yea, Britain and the USA have had their fair share of bad moments in the past.
    When i went to Germany my foreign exchange family only gave me bread to eat for 2 weeks. I was seriously constipated but i forgave them. Spread the love.

ReputationRep:
    When i went to Germany my foreign exchange family only gave me bread to eat for 2 weeks. I was seriously constipated but i forgave them. Spread the love.
    Same here, but not nice white fluffy kingsmill, oh no! It was brown chewy and gross- ryebread or something!! The only cooked meals i got were at the pizzeria where i had to battle through the italian slant on the german language!

My BF got constipated and learnt his first german word - Verstopfung! (constipation!!)

Germany gave us Lidl, Aldi and C & A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    Same here, but not nice white fluffy kingsmill, oh no! It was brown chewy and gross- ryebread or something!! The only cooked meals i got were at the pizzeria where i had to battle through the italian slant on the german language!

My BF got constipated and learnt his first german word - Verstopfung! (constipation!!)

Germany gave us Lidl, Aldi and C & A!
    oh my god i think we're living parallel lives.... tell a lie, my german 'parents' also took me to a pizzeria (...how inventive, to make a change from brown chewy bread they give us chewy bread with a bit of tomato and cheese slapped on top!). Mind you, if i had to shop in Aldi i think i'd also just stick to bread.

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind Germans, it's the Nazi's who were the evil ones, (but did they know they were evil...anyway.) Ive loved Germans ever since I saw Cabaret... you know, Emcee. Ah me! Wilkkomen (sp) ..dadada.. something, (I dont speak german.)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.