Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im a first year med student.....Medicine is meant 2 be a team orientated subject...then y do all the students try and screw the others over?!?! i mean if sum1 wants help....HELP THEM....ppl entering medicine b prepared 2 meet sum very nice ppl....and some very competitive dark horses...trust me!!!:mad:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    they're obviously scared your better than them! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HOTP)
    Im a first year med student.....Medicine is meant 2 be a team orientated subject...then y do all the students try and screw the others over?!?! i mean if sum1 wants help....HELP THEM....ppl entering medicine b prepared 2 meet sum very nice ppl....and some very competitive dark horses...trust me!!!:mad:
    Course theres gonna be a variety of people in your course.

You have to learn to deal with all types.

Good luck with medicine bruv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HOTP)
    You're not on the BL GEP are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    You're not on the BL GEP are you?
    LMFAO!!! :gfight: :evilb: :evilb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    LMFAO!!! :gfight: :evilb: :evilb:
    Thought you'd like that hun.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you studying? (i expect it's like this everywhere, I'm just nosy)

ReputationRep:
    I always heard medics were notoriously competitive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistic)
    I always heard medics were notoriously competitive
    I certainly haven't really seen that in my year. People tend to help each other out. May be because as a PBL course you're used to team work, I don't know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela_banana)
    Where are you studying? (i expect it's like this everywhere, I'm just nosy)
    It's not.

There are probably going to be some uber-competitive-student everywhere & i imagine most medics have been all-rounder high-flying types at school, so might take some acclimatising... But i definitely wouldn't say "all the students try and screw the others over" here.

We're not PBL but with all the practical component-bonding(!) and collegiate tutorials perhaps we get the team-worky-ness ethic from that? :p:

ReputationRep:
    ucl...i think i exager8ed a bit...its not all that bad...must have been in a mood

ReputationRep:
    I was just covering myself rather than make it look like I was implying that UCL was incredibly competitive and that no one should go there. I'm very reassured to see that this is not the general concensus. I'm far too lazy to be competitive!

ReputationRep:
    duno everyone on my course is nice and friendly, no competitvness that iv seen, i love everyone iv met, bar one girl who is just pure annoyance lol.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen any competitiveness on my course, when i am confused people are always willing to help me which is nice

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.