Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My course initially was supposed to at the civic quarter but has since been changed to headingley campus so I have chosen kirkstall brewery for my accomodation. I was just wondering if anyone know if people who are at kirkstall brewery and the headingley campus still head down to the civic quarter for the met bar events etc?

Again sorry for more questions but your help is appreciated!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Headingley Campus and yes we all still go to the Met Bar and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I lived at Kirkstall Brewery, and was on Headingley campus for first 2 years.

To be honest, I think its better you're at Headingley; its a much nicer campus in my opinion, lots of good sporting activities / facilities, you can sit on the acre (the big grassy bit between the main buildings) in summer and just chill out, and there is still a student bar at Headingley which is cool :cool:

We still went to the main Met bar at Civic for events, gigs etc., and the `nights` they put on there. (in our first year, the night to be there was Wednesdays - "are you going to OTT tonight?!" ... and everyone did)

The bar at Kirkstall is great too if not a bit noisy for the people who live next to it.....

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies.. The only worry I have is that although kirkstall sounds good, and I agree beckett park is a much nicer campus...The theme seems to be very much sport, and thats just not me! I'm a lazy musician and it seems everything (except my course!) musically, and entertainments wise is in the city and the civic quarter.

I really like the idea of kirkstall but if only it were in the city!! I really dont mind the extra treck to uni, but it just seems if i go to opal court, its a bus ride to uni, but walk to the city, where as kirkstall its buses all the way. But then my worry with opal court is that its private accomodation and it might be all strict n stuff n no fun? And its expensive!!

Please help I really appreciate it!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm at Beckett's Park and I am studying Childhood Studies... There is a wide range of courses there... It can sometimes seem like there are loads more sports students, but it doesn't really affect me! Plus, you have access to the gym for only £35 a year from Beckett's Park

Most people on my course don't really go to the bar at Kirkstall or the Met Bar, most of us do go into the city. It's only something like two miles away from the city centre. I'm gutted though cos I live seven miles out of the city!!!!

Personally, I have never lived in halls cos I was a "mature" student, but Kirkstall has never appealed to me, as it is next to one of the worst areas in Leeds... But having said that, I do know people on my course who live there and haven't had any problems so far... If it were me, I would go for Opal Court. A lot of my friends live in private accommodation and none of them have said how strict it is, if anything they get sick of everybody knocking on their doors at all hours, and the classic student setting the fire alarms off lol!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.