Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question, Can you not fill in the intercollegiate hall preferences in the LSE application form?

I would like self catering accomodation and therefore have chosen:

1. Lillian Knowles
    2. High Holborn
    3. Great Dover Street

Since intercollegiate halls are all catered i am not interested particularly in them. Therefore can i get away not filling them in?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you can.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    hey wait a minute i thought someone in this thread said you can't submit the form if you didn't fill in the intercolegiate hall option? If i'm not mistaken was it you caramello?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathscythe HG)
    hey wait a minute i thought someone in this thread said you can't submit the form if you didn't fill in the intercolegiate hall option? If i'm not mistaken was it you caramello?
    Yeah. At least for me it didn't work because whenever I tried to submit it blank this window popped up and it said I couldn't submit it until I had filled in intercollegiate option 1, 2, and 3.

ReputationRep:
    but you got one of the LSE residences right? how long they took to give you their decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathscythe HG)
    but you got one of the LSE residences right? how long they took to give you their decision?
    Yeah, I got my first choice, Bankside. I received an accomm offer from them I think 3 days after I submitted my application? Surprisingly speedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caramello)
    Yeah, I got my first choice, Bankside. I received an accomm offer from them I think 3 days after I submitted my application? Surprisingly speedy.
    Congratulations! Bankside's a fantastic hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caramello)
    Wow awesome! I hope i got my first choice, which is Rosebery.

ReputationRep:
    wow fantastic isnt it? do you think because of some "particular reasons" that they mentioned so you have your offer so speedy? I myself dont think I have any. tricky hah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by valerious)
    wow fantastic isnt it? do you think because of some "particular reasons" that they mentioned so you have your offer so speedy? I myself dont think I have any. tricky hah?
    No, I can't think of any special reasons why they would give me an offer so quickly. I think they just like me.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i couldnt send my application unless i put down the intercollegiate halls. but i emailed the accommodation office and told them that i didnt want to be considered for halls other than LSE ones.
    Just read the email reply and they said that they have made the changes and that i should hear from them in 28days!

BTW the accommodation office is closed from today till the 19th april

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty long Easter break.

Happy Easter, everyone! :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    just received the receipt too...yep, decision within 28 days! Fingers crossed now...lol

ReputationRep:
    i wish it was longer
    happy easter everyone and good luck!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.