Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the list of what graduates earn by subject. I know the times guide published them but now there gone...

it was like, media - 13,000 etc...

it was a list of how much u earn depending on the subject you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uni guy)
    Does anyone know the list of what graduates earn by subject. I know the times guide published them but now there gone...

It's very subject, university and employer specific...

ReputationRep:
    yea but there was a list by the times guide

ReputationRep:
    yea but there was a list by the times guide
    Yea but it just takes everyones income by degree and divides it by the number of people to give an average. Doesn't take into account what uni you went to, because clearly people in top 10 unis are going to probably get higher paying jobs (me ) compared to people who go to lesser universities. There is a list yes, but its not really very helpful, as i look to be earning 35k (not even including bonuses) when I graduate, which is much, much higher than anything on that list

ReputationRep:
    oh ok....what uni u at?

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo £19.7K! Actually, I'd be a bit dissapointed with that...

ReputationRep:
    my grad starting salary is £28.5k on quantity surveying.

i think its all about just getting in with a good employer and doing a sandwich year placement

ReputationRep:

'What do Graduates earn?'

This is what you're after I think, but, as others have said above, bear in mind that these figures are just averages and will vary enormously (depending upon your character and university) for many of these subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    my grad starting salary is £28.5k on quantity surveying.

i think its all about just getting in with a good employer and doing a sandwich year placement
    which company are you sponsored with if you dont mind me asking- im doing quantity surveying at loughborough this year and im sponsored with bovis lend lease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashley710)
    Yea but it just takes everyones income by degree and divides it by the number of people to give an average. Doesn't take into account what uni you went to, because clearly people in top 10 unis are going to probably get higher paying jobs (me ) compared to people who go to lesser universities. There is a list yes, but its not really very helpful, as i look to be earning 35k (not even including bonuses) when I graduate, which is much, much higher than anything on that list
    What uni you at? What job you got lined up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne Auraque)
    What uni you at? What job you got lined up?
    almost certainly investment banking, management consultancy or law. (that salary suggests management consultancy specifically, though a mention of significant bonuses suggests IB)

however he/she better actually have a job offer, as acting like you'll walk into one of those is a very silly thing to do.

I thought ashley710 wasn't even at university? :confused: Or isn't all that close to graduating...

And 35k basic salary is pretty common in IB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    I thought ashley710 wasn't even at university? :confused: Or isn't all that close to graduating...

shows how deluded and over optimistic I am, I was like "meh probably not IB, nobody in IB starts under £40k"

Including your sign-on bonus and depending on your end of year bonus, that figure can head towards 50 to 60k without requiring super uber stellar performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)

Me too, that's why I asked him.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a job as a trainee solicitor at a national Top 20 law firm, in the Sheffield office, and salary is 21k first year trainee, 23k second year, and about 30k first year qualification (depending on which department you go into - salary is more in say, corporate, than in family). Its much more with other, bigger firms or if you're based at London offices.

ReputationRep:
    530,000k WOO

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.