uni guy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone know the list of what graduates earn by subject. I know the times guide published them but now there gone...

it was like, media - 13,000 etc...

it was a list of how much u earn depending on the subject you do
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by uni guy)
Does anyone know the list of what graduates earn by subject. I know the times guide published them but now there gone...

It's very subject, university and employer specific...
uni guy
yea but there was a list by the times guide
max_e_muscle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yea but there was a list by the times guide
Yea but it just takes everyones income by degree and divides it by the number of people to give an average. Doesn't take into account what uni you went to, because clearly people in top 10 unis are going to probably get higher paying jobs (me ) compared to people who go to lesser universities. There is a list yes, but its not really very helpful, as i look to be earning 35k (not even including bonuses) when I graduate, which is much, much higher than anything on that list
uni guy
oh ok....what uni u at?
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Woohoo £19.7K! Actually, I'd be a bit dissapointed with that...
neal.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my grad starting salary is £28.5k on quantity surveying.

i think its all about just getting in with a good employer and doing a sandwich year placement
Johnny
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

'What do Graduates earn?'

This is what you're after I think, but, as others have said above, bear in mind that these figures are just averages and will vary enormously (depending upon your character and university) for many of these subjects.
carhel16
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
my grad starting salary is £28.5k on quantity surveying.

i think its all about just getting in with a good employer and doing a sandwich year placement
which company are you sponsored with if you dont mind me asking- im doing quantity surveying at loughborough this year and im sponsored with bovis lend lease
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ashley710)
Yea but it just takes everyones income by degree and divides it by the number of people to give an average. Doesn't take into account what uni you went to, because clearly people in top 10 unis are going to probably get higher paying jobs (me ) compared to people who go to lesser universities. There is a list yes, but its not really very helpful, as i look to be earning 35k (not even including bonuses) when I graduate, which is much, much higher than anything on that list
What uni you at? What job you got lined up?
gooseymcgoose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Anne Auraque)
What uni you at? What job you got lined up?
almost certainly investment banking, management consultancy or law. (that salary suggests management consultancy specifically, though a mention of significant bonuses suggests IB)

however he/she better actually have a job offer, as acting like you'll walk into one of those is a very silly thing to do.
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 13 years ago
I thought ashley710 wasn't even at university? :confused: Or isn't all that close to graduating...

And 35k basic salary is pretty common in IB.
gooseymcgoose
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by President_Ben)
I thought ashley710 wasn't even at university? :confused: Or isn't all that close to graduating...

shows how deluded and over optimistic I am, I was like "meh probably not IB, nobody in IB starts under £40k"
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 13 years ago
Including your sign-on bonus and depending on your end of year bonus, that figure can head towards 50 to 60k without requiring super uber stellar performance.
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by President_Ben)

Me too, that's why I asked him.
ellewoods
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've got a job as a trainee solicitor at a national Top 20 law firm, in the Sheffield office, and salary is 21k first year trainee, 23k second year, and about 30k first year qualification (depending on which department you go into - salary is more in say, corporate, than in family). Its much more with other, bigger firms or if you're based at London offices.
stratomaster
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
530,000k WOO
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (9)
7.96%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (12)
10.62%
No, but maybe I will look into it (28)
24.78%
No and I wouldn't consider it (64)
56.64%

Watched Threads