CPE_Applicant
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hello, I'm currently deciding on which University to go to to study the CPE, which are the more reputable CPE/GDL unis? Do employers consider this important when hiring for training contracts?
Does anyone know if there is a League table for CPE and GDL?
Any replies from law students and graduates would be much appreciated...
Sleepyfinn
Report 13 years ago
I think law firms and barristers' chambers are a lot more interested in your university degree (how you did, where you got it from) and your LPC/BVC performance than in how you perform on the CPE. At least this is what Ive read, but could be wrong...
dragon_1706
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Sleepyfinn)
I think law firms and barristers' chambers are a lot more interested in your university degree (how you did, where you got it from) and your LPC/BVC performance than in how you perform on the CPE. At least this is what Ive read, but could be wrong...
That's what I was led to believe too. The only thing I would investigate is which places are semesterised and will therefore examine half the course in Feb. I think a lot of places do, but I'm being examined on the entire course within a fortnight next month - just a bit stressful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (91)
13.11%
1 (89)
12.82%
2 (89)
12.82%
19.02%
22.48%
19.74%

Watched Threads