Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Smoking again watch

Announcements

Oh well...I'm smoking again. and it just doesnt make sense [or does it?].
    i am on a diet
    i ve been working out a lot
    i have been having loads of stress due to workload
    plus my girlfriend and I are going thru a rough patch.

I used to smoke 3 years ago and i ve been wanting a cigarette so much lately...i havent smoked yet but i am on my way to get some cigarettes from the local 24h..why? arg!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I used to smoke 3 years ago and i ve been wanting a cigarette so much lately...i havent smoked yet but i am on my way to get some cigarettes from the local 24h..why? arg!
    noooooooooo stooooooooop!!

ReputationRep:
    If I tell you that your lungs get messed up inc emphysema; cancer, respiratory problems, emotional problems, would that make you stop!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    If I tell you that your lungs get messed up inc emphysema; cancer, respiratory problems, emotional problems, would that make you stop!?
    lol i'm sure most smokers already know most of this

it makes me rly sad when people smoke...i used to have bad asthma when i was little so i know what it feels like not being able to breathe...and still you see people everywhere messing up their lungs out of their own free will

dude, throw it away.

ReputationRep:
    That's a shame, this is self-inflicted problems!

Blame it on society. It's always the way forward

ReputationRep:
    You could try using a nicorette inhalator if you want the nicotine hit without actually taking up smoking again. You hold it like an ordinary cigarette, and each cartridge contains about 10mg of nicotine. Although of course you risk overstimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain, causing addiction again.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, alot of anti smoking feeling in this room, but anyway just go buy some cigarettes, a packet isnt gona kill you and your not gona become addicted from this packet and then ur problem is solved

personally i gave up a while ago but still enjoy the occasional 1/2 a week or when at pubs i have a few.

(Original post by svidrigailov)
    You could try using a nicorette inhalator if you want the nicotine hit without actually taking up smoking again. You hold it like an ordinary cigarette, and each cartridge contains about 10mg of nicotine. Although of course you risk overstimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain, causing addiction again.
    This is the stupidest thing ive heard in a while... u could waste ur money on this (plus u would look very lame) but if all u want is one packet jus buy them. why did u feel it necessary to start this thread on such a small issue, and why are u anonymous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manifestation of morality)
    hmm, alot of anti smoking feeling in this room, but anyway just go buy some cigarettes, a packet isnt gona kill you and your not gona become addicted from this packet and then ur problem is solved

personally i gave up a while ago but still enjoy the occasional 1/2 a week or when at pubs i have a few.

This is the stupidest thing ive heard in a while... u could waste ur money on this (plus u would look very lame) but if all u want is one packet jus buy them. why did u feel it necessary to start this thread on such a small issue, and why are u anonymous
    "I gave up but still enjoy 1 or 2 a week." :eek:

hate to break it to you, but in that case you really haven't given up! So any smokers in denial..

ReputationRep:
    I love how smokers don't always realise that when you smoke, the carbon monoxide permanentlyattaches itself to red blood cells and prevents them from taking oxygen around the body.

Mmmmm carbon monoxide *chokes from not being able to get oxygen into bloodstream*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    "
    hate to break it to you, but in that case you really haven't given up! So any smokers in denial..
    i havnt given up absolutly because i enjoy it, 1/2 a week is nothing and im not going to worry about it because of this non-smoker illusion that they will never die.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not having a go...

i could say i gave it up..but i still smoke at work :s: oh the stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svidrigailov)
    Although of course you risk overstimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain, causing addiction again.

Oh yeh of course :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manifestation of morality)

The original poster complained that he was smoking again; I suggested an alternative that would let him get the nicotine fix. I don't see the stupidity. I smoke anyway, so it makes no odds to me.

ReputationRep:
    A mate of mine give up smoking not so long back. Funilly enough it was just after I let him have one of my cigars. Poor sod didn't know what hit him, didn't realise you're supposed to taste Cubans, not inhale them. He didn't breathe properly for days, knocked him off smoking for life.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it!!! Seriously, it won't solve your problems. It may seem like it will now, but in the long run - it really won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    I love how smokers don't always realise that when you smoke, the carbon monoxide permanentlyattaches itself to red blood cells and prevents them from taking oxygen around the body.

Mmmmm carbon monoxide *chokes from not being able to get oxygen into bloodstream*
    You get new red-blood cells every 3 weeks, so whats the problem?

ReputationRep:
    well tbh once you start, you'll never not going to want one if you know what i mean but does depend on how addicted you are really. it never properly goes away. But think when you go out it gonna be even harder, well i find it really hard not to smoke socially as most my friends smoke. I read somewhere that being in a smoke filled bar for an hour is the same as smoking around 4! wouldnt hurt to smoke a few.. everything in moderation i guess..

ReputationRep:
    You won't enjoy it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    You get new red-blood cells every 3 weeks, so whats the problem?
    You don't get new lungs every 3 weeks though :eek:

Stooooop!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.