katt_47
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone done it? I really want to go but its 5 grand for 6 weeks so i'm worried it'll be full of daddy's little darlings or the pretentious kids you associate with art history. It sounds amazing though.
Ludivine
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by katt_47)
Anyone done it? I really want to go but its 5 grand for 6 weeks so i'm worried it'll be full of daddy's little darlings or the pretentious kids you associate with art history. It sounds amazing though.
Well I have to admit it does sound like it will be full of "daddy's little darlings or the pretentious kids" (considering the very high price) but studying art history abroad would be awesome, I considered that for my gap year (didn't do it in the end though).
c0co
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Art History abroad is so good! I just went to Florence with them over Easter for A level. It's defo worth going but if your worried about not being able to afford it, they do yearly scholarships so that you can go for free. I think this year you have to write an essay on 'your favourite and least fave scultpure'. Art History Abroad is great and the gap year students in Florence seemed to be having an amazing time...Nick (one of the guides) crawled in at 6 am most nights from clubbing with them and still managed to teach us the day after.
katt_47
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
lol sounds like my kinda trip yea im definatly going to try for the scholarship
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For that kind of money, you could take a three month trip around every gallery and sight in Europe, and have enough change left over to buy the explanatory books.
Bdarnell
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The John Hall Pre University Art History course is much better.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (96)
29.45%
1 (54)
16.56%
2 (44)
13.5%
3 (51)
15.64%
4 (24)
7.36%
5 (22)
6.75%
6 (8)
2.45%
7+ (27)
8.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise