Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone done it? I really want to go but its 5 grand for 6 weeks so i'm worried it'll be full of daddy's little darlings or the pretentious kids you associate with art history. It sounds amazing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katt_47)
    Anyone done it? I really want to go but its 5 grand for 6 weeks so i'm worried it'll be full of daddy's little darlings or the pretentious kids you associate with art history. It sounds amazing though.
    Well I have to admit it does sound like it will be full of "daddy's little darlings or the pretentious kids" (considering the very high price) but studying art history abroad would be awesome, I considered that for my gap year (didn't do it in the end though).

ReputationRep:
    Art History abroad is so good! I just went to Florence with them over Easter for A level. It's defo worth going but if your worried about not being able to afford it, they do yearly scholarships so that you can go for free. I think this year you have to write an essay on 'your favourite and least fave scultpure'. Art History Abroad is great and the gap year students in Florence seemed to be having an amazing time...Nick (one of the guides) crawled in at 6 am most nights from clubbing with them and still managed to teach us the day after.

ReputationRep:
    lol sounds like my kinda trip yea im definatly going to try for the scholarship

ReputationRep:
    For that kind of money, you could take a three month trip around every gallery and sight in Europe, and have enough change left over to buy the explanatory books.

ReputationRep:
    The John Hall Pre University Art History course is much better.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.