Econ4m1t
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Did anyone here attend the 2 day event....last week?

any thoughts?
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 13 years ago
I've heard mixed reviews. Some people thought it was too basic in many places because they really did assume people knew absolutely nothing (and some people know very little, to be fair).

Generally, the less people knew, the better they thought it was.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well, if the programme's called "demystified", what do you expect? My guess is a lot of more knowledgeable people went for the CV points of saying they went, since they didn't need it to be demystified. It seems the programme was set up to help those who don't know anything and are interested, not for those who already have experience to gain more.
President_Ben
Report 13 years ago
The big things for those who knew a little more were 1) the networking (ie. begging for email addresses from people you did get on with so that you can send them lots of questions which get answered) and 2) the games/case studies

But some sessions were banal if you had been to bank events before during the October/November season.
dsch
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It is rumoured that President_Ben sleeps only one hour per night
President_Ben
Report 13 years ago
Drogue sleeps for no more than 23 minutes per week to complete his superhuman feats.

Sleep deprivation doesn't kill you and if it doesn't kill, it makes you stronger (maybe)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (62)
27.31%
1 (35)
15.42%
2 (39)
17.18%
3 (31)
13.66%
4 (16)
7.05%
5 (19)
8.37%