Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I'm getting a bit freaked out as when ever I get some new clothes my Dad keeps saying how he used to wear something virtuslly the same when he was about my age.

I've got some new chocolate brown, slightly flared cords: my Dad used to have a pair.

I got a new blue-white striped shirt last year: my Dad pulled an almost identical one out the wardrobe that hadn't seen the light of day of decades.

I got a new check shirt a few months back and my commented on it being just like the sort of shirt he ore.

Help me :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It just goes to show that even style is now genetic.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    It just goes to show that even style is now genetic.
    Looks like it....

ReputationRep:
    I think it is the repeating of fashion trends more than anything else

ReputationRep:
    haha, yeah. bought a shirt the other day, wore it today and the first thing my dad said was "I was this close to buying that shirt for me the other day!". I'm very glad he did not, lol. He usually buys my clothes for me as I'm skint, so we just go into a clothes shop every now and again when we're out together, and whatever I pick up he always says hes tempted to get something similar to/exactly like it, but I usually talk him out of it. Not because he would look weird in it or anything. Just because I don't want to be walking around in matching clothes to my dad :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.