Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am a joiner and sik of making £4 an hour. i have been doing this 4 6 yrs now.

i wnt to go to uni so i can have fun and get a good job.

how do u go to uni? do i need a levels? i got 3 gces and nvql level 3.

how mch grant do u get?

ReputationRep:
    usally u need a levels but some unis will concider other qualifications

u get £3k grant with a further £1k income accessed repayable once your earning £15k a year with intrest capped to the rate of inflation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auerm)
    usally u need a levels but some unis will concider other qualifications

u get £3k grant with a further £1k income accessed repayable once your earning £15k a year with intrest capped to the rate of inflation
    You don;t get grants anymore, it depends where you go and how much you/your parents earn to how much loan you get. By the sounds of it, you have been supporting yourself for a while so you will be given maximum loan and £1000 HE Grant if you earn less than £15,000. Maximum loan = £5,005 inside London (it's normally about £1,000 less outside).
    On the qualification front, you may need to go to college at night or something to get A-levels for them to let you in, but it is a worthwhile commitment as it'll get you into a better university than non-alevel qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredyMarr)
    i am a joiner and sik of making £4 an hour. i have been doing this 4 6 yrs now.

i wnt to go to uni so i can have fun and get a good job.

how do u go to uni? do i need a levels? i got 3 gces and nvql level 3.

how mch grant do u get?
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    i am 24 yrs old. i am frm doncaster i hate bein a joiner now coz everybody thinks i diz thick. dats why i want to go to uni with my best pall MJG.

ReputationRep:
    i am 24 yrs old. i am frm doncaster i hate bein a joiner now coz everybody thinks i diz thick. dats why i want to go to uni with my best pall MJG.
    It will also benifit you if you stop writing posts in that kind of way and spell correctly, or at least try

ReputationRep:
    i am not very gud at speling becuase at schol they didn't teach me ****.

ReputationRep:
    i am not very gud at speling becuase at schol they didn't teach me ****.
    im sure even little babies do not need to be taught how to ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    It will also benifit you if you stop writing posts in that kind of way and spell correctly, or at least try
    This guy is MJG's mate. Doesn't that tell you something?

ReputationRep:
    You can do an access to education course at your local college which should take a year fulltime from there you can go straight to uni.

ReputationRep:
    I only have one word for you:

Legend

ReputationRep:
    what's a joiner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    what's a joiner?
    Woodworker

ReputationRep:
    well it sounds like youre really committed to getting out of joinery and doing something else with your life.. if youcan try and go to your local college and do as many qualifications as you can.. or open university.. or home learning qualifications and then demostrate your keeness to get into uni theyll look on you favourably since youre obviously motivated to make the best of what youve been given.. in what way was your school bad? and when did you leave?

ReputationRep:
    i mesed about and en **** coz coz i was to busy chatting up da girls init.
    but now i am still getin paid 4 an hour cutting holes into walls and herlping people fit winowes in.

i left skool when i was 14 when i got expeled but it was no my fualt, the teacher really was a nasty trout.

i will phone my college tomorrow and ask wot i need. i want to go to gud uni like Pasiley or the one in slouh.

ReputationRep:
    i mesed about and en **** coz coz i was to busy chatting up da girls init.
    but now i am still getin paid 4 an hour cutting holes into walls and herlping people fit winowes in.

i left skool when i was 14 when i got expeled but it was no my fualt, the teacher really was a nasty trout.

i will phone my college tomorrow and ask wot i need. i want to go to gud uni like Pasiley or the one in slouh.
    im quite suprised no one has realised this person is taking the mic

ReputationRep:
    yea, I thought it was kind of obvious from the second post onwards. Quite a laugh though.

ReputationRep:
    how much of an idiot is this guy, no wonder he as got a laimass job being a joiner, hes probaly sum charva that is jelous of all us guys goin to uni, so he is taking the mick
    idiot
    why d ont u leave here and go play sum games

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.