Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

this might sound weird or odd or something, but when I get really angry I always want to bust into tears or sometimes actually do. It's quite embarrassing and usually makes me loose whatever I'm arguing about. I do it especially when I argue with my dad, I guess this makes him think I' m a wuss or something and then he gets even more angry. I can't help it though, like I want to keep arguing or shouting my case but can't because of the tears.

anyone else do this or know how I can get round it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    this might sound weird or odd or something, but when I get really angry I always want to bust into tears or sometimes actually do. It's quite embarrassing and usually makes me loose whatever I'm arguing about. I do it especially when I argue with my dad, I guess this makes him think I' m a wuss or something and then he gets even more angry. I can't help it though, like I want to keep arguing or shouting my case but can't because of the tears.

anyone else do this or know how I can get round it?
    I have that problem to, theres nothing you can really do to stop it as its your bodys way of releasing the tension, for others it would be aggression.
    Only advice i can give is when you feel your going to cry, just take a step back and get your composure back, as you just need to calm yourself

ReputationRep:
    lol sounds like a b*tch, but if that's the way you show your emotions then there's not much you can do about it. but to make you feel better, if anyone knows about crying, it's me! if ever there's something bothering me, no matter how little (like too much work for example), when i go near the alcohol it's hell! i cry uncontrollably about the stupidest things!! and that is bloody embarrassing!! lol

ReputationRep:
    arrrrrrrrrrghjjhjhh i do that too!
    it's so annoying! if im angry, sad, annoyed, slightly upset..i get tears in my eyes, or if im really angry i cry!! And people are like "woaaaaaaah, what?!" and i wish i didnt! lol.
    im too emotional for my own good.

(Original post by MNBStyle)
    I have that problem to, theres nothing you can really do to stop it as its your bodys way of releasing the tension, for others it would be aggression.
    Only advice i can give is when you feel your going to cry, just take a step back and get your composure back, as you just need to calm yourself
    cool I'm not the only one.

nice idea, thanks I'll have to try it.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God - are you actually me?

ALL of that is relevant to me - especially the bit about how it's especially when you argue with your dad!

I hate losing arguments cos of tears

oops...i read "crying when i'm hungry" at first...was about to poke fun at you until i read it properly hehehe sorry to hear about it:p:

ReputationRep:
    Omg I'm forever trying to explain this feeling to people :eek: People think I just take childish tantrums and start crying but it isn't actually. Its really just the anger getting too much to control and it just comes out in the form of tears. Haven't figured out how to stop it though, sorry.

ok i don't have this problem but it seems to me that you could just learn to control your anger in general? coz if you don't get all worked up and stay calm in the first place instead, you wont end up in tears...and you'll also have the benefit of looking more reasonable and in control than the person you're arguing with...

sorry if this has all been said, i havent read all the posts properly

ReputationRep:
    You can't always stop your anger though. You would be inhuman if you could do that.

(Original post by need_money)
    You can't always stop your anger though. You would be inhuman if you could do that.
    not "stop" it completely and all the time, but at least learn to control it (even if its only until the uve left the room:p: )

i haven't lost my temper at someone in years, and im neither inhuman or a calm person by nature. i just learned to fend off/hold back the anger until a later time...and by then the problems usually gone anyway

ReputationRep:
    Oh lol

I have a really bad temper though. If i don't shout or cry or both I end up smacking something off a wall. Last time my straightners got it. Time before that it was my hair brush. They both broke. :p:

(Original post by need_money)
    Oh lol

I have a really bad temper though. If i don't shout or cry or both I end up smacking something off a wall. Last time my straightners got it. Time before that it was my hair brush. They both broke. :p:
    hehehe...know the feeling. i do a lot of martial arts and i own a nice big punchbag...maybe thats why i can control my anger..must admit it helps sooo much

anyways, it shouldnt matter if you break stuff (if its yours) as long as you dont do it in front of people lol they will think ur a bit of a psycho.:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.