The Student Room Group

Does your uni have designated lunch times ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nope, my timetable changes weekly but there's usually a break between lectures at some point so I just grab some lunch then, or if there's a couple of hours between them i'll go back to my flat and have lunch there :smile: If you don't get a lunch break just bring a sandwich with you and eat it when you get a chance.
Reply 21
My uni doesn't have a common lunch break, you just get an hour off somewhere. If you're finishing at 2 then that'll be why you're not getting that break, because you can have lunch when you finish. If you find youself getting hungry before you finish then either eat your breakfast a little later/eat a bigger breakfast and/or take snacks with you to eat in the 5 minute breaks as you walk to the next room.
No - we just eat when we happen to have a free period between lectures.
Reply 23
Nope, you just eat whenever your frees happen to be at mine. Usually there will be one somewhere in the middle or it will be a late start/early finish.

But our lectures have 10 minutes between to move around (5 wouldn't be long enough) and morning lectures end at 10 to while afternoons end at 10 past. So if you have stuff all day you will get a 20 minute gap in between so you can buy something quick. Even if your uni doesn't have a similar policy the lecturers are likely to negotiate something to allow you time to buy a sandwich or something, as they should know you'll be in all day. Otherwise you could just take a packed lunch. But 2 (in your specific case) is a normal lunch time so you probably won't get a gap for those particular times, it will just be have lunch when you finish.

xxx
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending