The Student Room Group

MSc Finance at IC/Warwick- Can i get in?

Hi All,

I graduated from uni back in Dec 2010 in Australia(Australian National University) with a degree in Commerce (major in Accounts / Finance). My grades were equal what's considered a 2.1 in Britain, if I'm correct.

Since then, I have been working in Consultancy at Accenture (in Singapore) in roles like project management & was involved in a systems implementation (for those of you who know what this means.). I also have an internship experience with Deutsche Bank in Operations.

Now, needless to say, I am getting pretty tired of my job and am looking to move into the Finance sector or more generally into the finance field itself as I've always enjoyed the field. I'm not too specific on IB or any such thing. I reckon I'd be happy doing corp finance at Pepsi or Unilever even..

I'm hoping that studying for a master's in the field will give me a bit of a chance as my attempts now to break into the field all seem to be in vain.

So, given this background info, do u guys think any of the two (Imperial & Warwick) would accept my application?

Also, what are your thoughts on uni of Edinburgh, is it any good for its master in finance?

Thank you,
Friendly thought-seeker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending