The Student Room Group

The first time you went to a uni!

When was the first time you visited a uni, and what did you do there?

My mum went to uni when I was about 10-12 years old. However, their term times didn't always co-incide with mine. And sometimes there was noone to look after me, so my mum would take me to her lectures! But if it was a seminar, she'd leave me in the cafe :frown:

She studied history, and I've always been interested in it. Although as a 10 year old I didn't always udnerstand what they were going on about :erm: as they'd use big complicated words. Half the time I'd just draw stuff, like a picture of Boudica from my horrible histories book and label it as my mum! she even gave one of the drawings to her lecturer, who had a chuckle. What was good though was when we went to a couple of lectures about the industrial revolution. At the start of my next term at school, we started the industrial revolution! The teacher was impressed when I started talking about it - although I didn't have a clue what I was really going on about, I was just repeating things that I'd heard in the lecture.
About 5 years ago at the University of Sheffield to attend a science lecture aimed at school students :smile: not the most interesting answer ever haha
Reply 2
My mum took me into work (she was lecturing graphics/printmaking at the time) from when I was five or six I guess. So then. :tongue:
My uncle showed me round his lab (he lectures in Biology at Edin) - or it might have been going to Glasgow and going to that museum in the castley bit of the uni. They were on the same trip north.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending