Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

D12 Member Proof shot Dead watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Rapper Proof shot dead

Detroit - Proof, a member of American rap group D12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot dead at a nightclub on Tuesday.

The death of Proof, whose real name was Deshaun Holton, was confirmed by Dennis Dennehy, publicist for D12's label Interscope Records.

Dennehy said: "Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time."

Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January.

He often appeared alongside the superstar rapper at concerts and public appearances. He also appeared in the film 8 Mile.

United States police would not confirm Proof's death, but said two people were shot in the head, one fatally, at a nightclub in Detroit.

Detroit police spokesperson James Tate said an argument at the CCC nightclub had escalated into gunshots.

Spokesperson for the US St John Health System, Wende Berry, said Holton was dead on arrival at an outpatient treatment facility.

Berry confirmed he had a gunshot wound.

We lose another talented rapper to the gun crime currently swarming hip hop of late.
    He stood out the most for me, behind eminem in the band. Definetly one fo the talented artists who failed to 'make it big'. Wonder what will happen with D12 now, hasnt eminem supposedly quit to? D8 doesnt have that ring to it..
    Bad week for eminem this, first he loses his wife and she exposes him as still a drug addict, now he loses his best man from his wedding and right hand man proof.
    Amazing though, eminem did say something like this was going to happen in 'Like toy soliders'
    I hope D12 can still get there album together, in respect to proof.
    We'll probably see another death/injury on the hip hop scene in retaliation to this more than likely.

ReputationRep:
    I liked him

ReputationRep:
    Surely this belongs in the Music folder?

ReputationRep:
    There is a thread for this already.

R.I.P.

ReputationRep:
    I wasnt to sure were to put it to be fair, but surely a death is more important than a thread location.

ReputationRep:
    Okay..Merge away

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213625

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.