Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

You're more of a wimp for being too afraid to go back than for fainting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Come on!!! it's surely not that serious..
    u can go back
    Pretend nthn ever happened..
    yea but wot sort of image shud i put on when im asked about it. be serious or joke about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    lol thanks for that but imagine if it happened to u - wud u go back
    Erm, yes!

There was a girl at our school who fainted about 3 times a week and noone ever made a fuss about it. 4 times in 7 years is hardly the same. Don't worry - if you act like it's nothing big then it will die down faster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    You're more of a wimp for being too afraid to go back than for fainting.
    but u dont understand its a small local college evry1's gonna know about it! im worried wot ppl will think coz im already really quiet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    yea but wot sort of image shud i put on when im asked about it. be serious or joke about it?
    It depends on u
    R u a serious person or more of a joker?

ReputationRep:
    Fainting is not uncommon - people will probably just ask if you're ok and if you knew why it happened. Just answer their questions and shrug it off. Whatever you do, don't make a big fuss about it like you are now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Fainting is not uncommon - people will probably just ask if you're ok and if you knew why it happened. Just answer their questions and shrug it off. Whatever you do, don't make a big fuss about it like you are now!
    ok. but ive neva seen any1 faint it always happens to me. im thinking of tellin ppl i just fell off my chair lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    ok. but ive neva seen any1 faint it always happens to me. im thinking of tellin ppl i just fell off my chair lol
    yeah!That's more like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    but u dont understand its a small local college evry1's gonna know about it! im worried wot ppl will think coz im already really quiet
    So? It was only a faint, it happens. Most people will probably just ask if you're ok, it's no big deal.

I fainted on the first day of my work experience in a hospital. I was totally and utterly humiliated - here was me saying I was fine seeing all sorts of gore and stuff, and I hit the decks on the first day! However, once my nose had stopped bleeding and everything, I went back out to the department and carried on; they kept checking I was ok that day but after that it was fine, and it was an absolutely fantastic week.

To not go back to school over something as little as that would be stupid. People would talk about you more if you didn't come in than if you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    yeah!That's more like it
    depends on whether u are a boy or a girl i suppose - but either is pretty embarrassing i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    depends on whether u are a boy or a girl i suppose - but either is pretty embarrassing i suppose
    As a girl i would say it's much easier 4 girls 2 faint and more ebarrasing 4 a guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    So? It was only a faint, it happens. Most people will probably just ask if you're ok, it's no big deal.

I fainted on the first day of my work experience in a hospital. I was totally and utterly humiliated - here was me saying I was fine seeing all sorts of gore and stuff, and I hit the decks on the first day! However, once my nose had stopped bleeding and everything, I went back out to the department and carried on; they kept checking I was ok that day but after that it was fine, and it was an absolutely fantastic week.

To not go back to school over something as little as that would be stupid. People would talk about you more if you didn't come in than if you do.
    suppose thanks for that - then theres the humiliating fact that my teacher took me home :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    suppose thanks for that - then theres the humiliating fact that my teacher took me home :rolleyes:
    Well that's surprising - couldn't you just go to the sick room or something? Anyway - it's no big deal, seriously. Not worth giving up over - nobody will care in a week's time.

ReputationRep:
    I remember a few years ago when we first dissected a heart. Teacher told anyone who didn't like blood to look away whilst she showed us how to do it. At the back of the classroom there was a loud bash as someone who had fainted collapsed onto the bench. It still brings laughter to us today.

ReputationRep:
    OMG like a month ago I was in my Bio class and almost fainted, like, i couldnt see or hear and couldnt feel my body the usual symptoms so i just lay on the desk until it passed a few minutes later, very scary experence becuase it was the first time and i had no idea what the hell was going on until my teacher said, "you were fainting".

But I have no shame, I am never embarassed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    OMG like a month ago I was in my Bio class and almost fainted, like, i couldnt see or hear and couldnt feel my body the usual symptoms so i just lay on the desk until it passed a few minutes later, very scary experence becuase it was the first time and i had no idea what the hell was going on until my teacher said, "you were fainting".

But I have no shame, I am never embarassed.
    did u get to go home. at least ure teacher didnt take u lol

ReputationRep:
    No, becuase It was like 10 min until it was time to go home anyway so i waited.

ReputationRep:
    I fainted at the First Night of the Proms the other year, which was televised on BBC2... woke up to find myself being cradled by a total stranger and have had nightmares of seeing the recording ever since! But my friends haven't said anything about it since. Don't worry about it! There really will be no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    As a girl i would say it's much easier 4 girls 2 faint and more ebarrasing 4 a guy
    I've fainted, twice. Once 30 minutes after the TB jab in an English lesson (tunnel vision and high pitched whining before informing the person next to me calmly that I had decided to faint and then did) and once after watching a video on dialysis. You might say that needles and me don't mix (though it's all in my mind really and am alright with them now). To be fair though, when the dialysis one happened, I was not the first to go down and thought that the poor girl would be embarrased, so what the hey, I'll watch, go green then hit the table!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I dont understand the problem. You fainted, you didnt piss yourself and leave a massive puddle on the seat. This isnt embarassing whatsoever, and theres absolutely no reason why you shouldnt go back to college. I dont know what kind of people go to your college, but nobody at mine would care/take the piss out of someone for fainting. Infact its happened to some girl I know 2 times in the middle of assembly. Nobody cares.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.