The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I remember a date i went on with a guy last summer... we were sat in this coffee shop and i could tell he was building up to asking me out and he said "you have such lovely eyes".... i swear to this day he just said that to try and win me over, my eyes really aren't anything special! Its a bit like when a girl asks "does my bum look big in this" and the guy just says what the girl would like to hear! If you think your eyes are a good feature and you get a lot of comments about it then its likely to be true!

Lou
xxx
Reply 21
i get that too sometimes ~ usually when there is genuine interest.
haha, my friend once got a text from a guy that said:
'Your eyes are like dimonds', lol. we laughed about that for ages.
Anonymous
i get a lot of compliments about my eyes (im female) and i suppose they are nice, but recently a guy friend of mine told me that thats just what guys say to any girl when they can't think of anything else positive..

any opinions on how true that is?:confused:

Yea, i do it all the time. Tho I also say it when they do have nice eyes. I also think Rooney has nice eyes. :teeth:
I mean it when I say someone has lovely eyes because I'm a sucker for beautiful eyes. :P and smiles.....and hairstyles.....and most of all, DIMPLES! Ahhhhh! *faints* :rofl:
Reply 25
drawmeamonkey
i've "heard" that saying someone has a lovely personality can be taken to mean they are ugly or fat :rolleyes:

i'd take it as a compliment though

I always thought that lovely personality meant ugly, and big personality meant , erm, portly :biggrin:

I would never use them in that manner, but I guess it just slipped out that one time :redface:
Reply 26
lol i mean it too. Some girls eyes are just amazingly beautiful. Trying to flirt with a girl with amazing eyes just doesn't work for me...i get lost in em. But like strawberry i'm also a sucker for smiles and hair. But most of all it's the eyes. I do mean it...i'm old fashioned!
Reply 27
Mine are. (Given, that is.)
Well, here's the thing, many people on here say that lots of people have nice eyes but then you randomnly find people with really very pretty eyes and in that case you would tell them with genuine honesty.
Reply 29
I wouldnt say its said when they have nothing else to say... more that its just a bit of a cliche and so it may e difficult to differentiate between guys who really mean it and those who say it merely to flatter you without you thinking they're after sex
yeh personally i dont think the guy wld say anything at all if he didnt think your eyes were nice, he just wldnt bring them up!
Reply 31
Eye compliments are genuine!!!

You can tell a lot about a girl in her eyes :smile:
Reply 32
I got told by this guy that I had big eyes the other day. (I dont, try & make them look better with makeup). It was nice to hear but from him wasnt very genuine. a lot of compliments depend on the guy tho. I went out 1 night with a group of friends & this guy I liked. We ended up pulling and then later when we got home he said he had meant to say he liked my top. I was a bit cynical cos I was like 'why didnt u say that before?' But then I'm generally cynical about compliments!
Even if they aren't genuine, it's nicer than saying 'nice pair of boobs, luv'. Even if you do have a nice pair.

Latest