Turn on thread page Beta

Favourite top gear moment? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Its got to be Nürburgring 10 min challenge. Having done the 24 hour endurance rance on it on GT4 i felt his joy in achieving that lap time, and what a track.

also the buggati veyron episode, still can't believe some of its specs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retropmot)
    Its got to be Nürburgring 10 min challenge. Having done the 24 hour endurance rance on it on GT4 i felt his joy in achieving that lap time, and what a track.

also the buggati veyron episode, still can't believe some of its specs
    Yes, the former was awesome. I loved it when Sabine drove around in that van, overtaking all the men in their sport cars! :toofunny: I loved her racing attitude too! Go Sabine! :yy:

When Hammond Hamster was caught being actually seasick on camera was quite good too though it's probably not one of my favourite moments.

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: Elements

o0o Sabine!! :love: a girl like that turns my taps on :love: :p:

ReputationRep:
    for me it would definitely be the bugatti veyron episode....o and the one with the atom that car was faaaaaast !

ReputationRep:
    when hammond got drunk on the ferry and was dancing. That was so funny, or when he was hungover the next day. Ian Wright's lap in the reasonably priced car is really good too - hes a nutta!

ReputationRep:
    Ooohh! Another time that was also good was when Hamster was hypnotised, I think it was Hammond that was hypnotized^o) so that he couldn't remember how to drive a car and he was saying stuff like "you press this big button here", which was the steering wheel, "to start the car" etc. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    the blind man driving around the track had me in stiches and jeremy clarkson trying to direct him. and he beat whitely and wogan times. brilliant. :driver:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    "I am a driving god"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    "I am a driving god"
    Is that a quote from what was said on Top Gear and if so, by whom and when? Or is that what you're just saying about yourself?^o)

ReputationRep:
    I want a buggati!!! It was soooo cool. I also loved that episode where jez raced that guy climbing up a cliff. That was awesome....and that guy was pretty fit too lol. Since then I have seriously considered taking up climbing cos it looked amazing. That guy had no fear!!....completely mad. Appologies for the rant about climbing lol. Anyway I love top gear, it would be too hard to pic a favourite moment. The winter olympics was cool too....loved the car doing the skiing lol. Sabine racing the van was pretty wicked too...she is now my role model lol...sooo cool.

wooo I love top gear!!!:party:

Did anyone see jeremy clarkson on nevermind the buzzcocks? He was hilarious. He's so cool!!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Elements)
    Is that a quote from what was said on Top Gear and if so, by whom and when? Or is that what you're just saying about yourself?^o)
    Richard Hammond said it while test driving some 4 by 4 racing jobby on the first episode that James May was in.
    </nerd>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Richard Hammond said it while test driving some 4 by 4 racing jobby on the first episode that James May was in.
    </nerd>
    Oh Ok then. Who are you referring to as the nerd?:ninja:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I liked the one with the tipping car from holland too

*wants a tipping car*

ReputationRep:
    I like the one where they had to buy 1970's supercars and they kept breaking down. The one where they drove from London to Manchester in a £1 car was also very funny, I loved it when they had to crash their cars into a wall.

ReputationRep:
    The one were he had the Porsche boxter and the merc was good as well; he was avoiding some trained rifle guys from the army or something..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    The one where they drove from London to Manchester in a £1 car was also very funny, I loved it when they had to crash their cars into a wall.
    Oooh I'd forgottern about that one...how could I forget?!? That was great. Was also good to know that you can buy a driveable car for £1 because thats about all I'll be able to afford when I can hopefully get a car soon lol....mine has just been written off cos someone kicked the door in lol. Or actually maybe I'll get a buggati instead??? lol :marchmell

ReputationRep:
    The jet vs a sports car scene, can't remember the jet, nor the car! :eek: ...but it was breath-taking stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    </nerd>
    He was driving the heavily souped up Land Rover Defender - the Bowler Wildcat.

The Stig then set a time on the Top Gear track, and it was awful!

</supernerd>

ReputationRep:
    Funniest moments:

When Hammond screams "YES!! I AM A DRIVING GOD!!!" and Jeremy Clarkson replays it... :p:

When Jeremy Clarkson tries to input a phone number into a mercedes, but fails miserably - as he dictates "0230" or something similar, the computer repeats "077143", and then Jeremy tells it to "shut up" which results in the computer saying "now dialing" and more disasters...that was hilarious.

When Jeremy Clarkson was miserably losing the cheap supercars challenge in his continously unrelaible porsche, but then won by selling all the parts separately and making the most money.

The nurburgring challenge definitely was great as well, especially as after Jeremy's triumph, the expert driver said "I can do that time in a van!"

ReputationRep:
    Best technical moment: Richard Hammond in a bobsleigh and Sloberg? on the Evo. Race each other and surprisingly the bobsleigh only beat it by 2 secs.

Best Moment IMO:

All got given some cash to buy a car. All were beating Clarkson until the final task where they had to see how much they could sell it for. Clarkson turned his wrecked Porsche into a Sofa and sold it for $$$ and won. Hilarious and unforgettable.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.