Job offer - take it or leave it? Watch

Poll: Job wise, what would you recommend and why?
Take the job! Lol $22 vs $17, I'd take the better paying option any day!:D (4)
13.79%
Nah, stay with your regular job - your uni course is WAY more important! (25)
86.21%
Not sure, need more info. (0)
0%
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi I just went to an interview for another medical receptionist position (greedy me lol), but this time at a posher place which pays more!

I got the job too! But should I take it? Because these are the hours:

All day Tuesday, Wednesday + Thursday 9.30am - 5pm, and I have uni on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday :confused:

Although it's not compulsory for me to go to all classes, because am only a PT student, tbh it would help!

Atm even though I'm not paid that much, I only have to work on Tuesdays + Fridays (ie. days where I don't have uni. On w/e I do modelling/promo work so life is busy right now! ).

So yeah, what? Hmm
Angel83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Uni is going to help you get the better job in the long run. I would stick with the current job. Not good to miss lectures! You can make the money in the summer perhaps?
danni_bella
Rep:
?
(Original post by Claire8424)
Uni is going to help you get the better job in the long run. I would stick with the current job. Not good to miss lectures! You can make the money in the summer perhaps?
Yeah that much is true, I was talking to a friend today about this anyway and he also agrees.

Besides I'll be loaded when I become a physio (or... K after 5 years of being one, thanks to uni fees :rolleyes: ).
notebook
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do you have any qualifications to be a medical receptionist? I have been applying and writing to places but no joy....
danni_bella
Rep:
?
No guys, the situation has... changed!!!

I talked to the boss of the OTHER, better paying job today (at the posher, private Medical practice ) and they said that I didn't have to work on Thursdays, could change that to Fridays instead. Therefore I only miss ONE day of uni after all!

Nar, sorry dudes and dudettes, you're all gonna have to convince me out of this now, I think I'll take that job!!
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
...well i dunno if you should risk missing uni for a job.....even if it is one day...especially when you need the help....and if yo u do better in uni you'll get a better job anyway whcih will make up for the money you lose by attending lectures..
El Scotto
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by danni_bella)
Hi I just went to an interview for another medical receptionist position (greedy me lol), but this time at a posher place which pays more!

I got the job too! But should I take it? Because these are the hours:

All day Tuesday, Wednesday + Thursday 9.30am - 5pm, and I have uni on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday :confused:

Although it's not compulsory for me to go to all classes, because am only a PT student, tbh it would help!

Atm even though I'm not paid that much, I only have to work on Tuesdays + Fridays (ie. days where I don't have uni. On w/e I do modelling/promo work so life is busy right now! ).

So yeah, what? Hmm

ring them back tell them that you can only work mondays and fridays? if they're still interested take the job. You'll be on much more money when you pass your uni course anyway, so Ignore this short increase in money.

*edit* didnt notice your second post, see if you can blag them to change days further!
danni_bella
Rep:
?
Actually it's ok - I ended up staying with my old job anyway!! :p:

Got a payrise

And this way won't miss ANY lectures which is what is important folks :cool:

Suppose you all knew that judging by the posts lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (62)
46.27%
No (72)
53.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise