The Student Room Group

Top 3 annoying things of being a university student living on campus?

1) Sharing toilets with animals

2) Sharing a kitchen with animals

3) Sharing a hall way with party animals that don't share alcohol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cool story bro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
do we come up with our own?

i need direction in life, im scared
Reply 3
Original post by Zogu

Buy your own.
Reply 4
Original post by Zogu

Wtf get your own alcohol.
1) Bitchy flatmates who NEVER CLEAN UP.

2) People waking you up at stupid hours with the fire alarm.

3) Uber thin walls, so you can hear people drunkenly barfing in their bed, having sex, listening to weird music, crying.... sometimes all at once.
1) home sickness

2) sharing toliets :puke:

3) not having a proper diet(mostly instant meals/burgers etc)
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x
1) Bitchy flatmates who NEVER CLEAN UP.

2) People waking you up at stupid hours with the fire alarm.

3) Uber thin walls, so you can hear people drunkenly barfing in their bed, having sex, listening to weird music, crying.... sometimes all at once.

Haha, which university would this be??
Original post by ifstatement
Haha, which university would this be??

Birmingham City University.
Reply 9
1) people who dont clean up. not cant, simply dont
2) people who have to go out and come back screaming and yelling and banging on the bedroom doors
3) mess! mess everywhere! donner meat and sauce left on the hallway floor last night, some genius thought it was okay to pick up the meat the leave the sauce, as if £360 deep cleaning on the kicthen carpet isn't enough.!
I'm not having any of these problems. There's no carpeting anywhere in my halls, for a start! The only annoying thing for me is that it's a minor trek into town (Bath).
Original post by RibenaRockstar
I'm not having any of these problems. There's no carpeting anywhere in my halls, for a start! The only annoying thing for me is that it's a minor trek into town (Bath).

...and from experience EVERYONE seems to want to catch the bus at the same time as you!!! Damn U18 with its smallness - get bigger buses! On the plus side, they are trying to talk with the bus companies.

The 8.15 lectures are horrible - that's definitely a thing that makes me appreciate campus accommodation.
Original post by Contrad!ction.
...and from experience EVERYONE seems to want to catch the bus at the same time as you!!! Damn U18 with its smallness - get bigger buses! On the plus side, they are trying to talk with the bus companies.

The 8.15 lectures are horrible - that's definitely a thing that makes me appreciate campus accommodation.

I haven't had this problem yet, both times I've used it I've simply walked onto the U18
People 'saving' the library computers for later/The uni not advertising the other computer room facilities
People destroying the toilets in the library and I mean bit horrid poops not vandalism
Lack of communication between the department and the bookshop
Reply 14
Original post by DuncanMono
People 'saving' the library computers for later/The uni not advertising the other computer room facilities
People destroying the toilets in the library and I mean bit horrid poops not vandalism
Lack of communication between the department and the bookshop

This is true... so true lol
Having 1 shower between 12
People shouting& banging on doors at 4/5am when you've got a 9am start
Our fridge ****ing STINKS! :p:
Reply 16
Sex is to be expected so long as its not your bed... its cool... just watch a loud dvd
so far the only annoying thing is having to walk 15 minutes to campus in the mornings, i get on well with all of my flatmates, our kitchen does get quite messy but we all have a flat clean on sunday's so it never gets really out of hand
Original post by Care-Free
as if £360 deep cleaning on the kicthen carpet isn't enough.!

Carpet in the kitchen *shudder*

That's bad enough in a normal house, it's a recipe for disaster with students!
1) People leaving the kitchen in an absolute state. I don't mind a bit of mess but there's no need to dirty EVERY SINGLE plate for a sandwich.

2) Noise all through the night. Of course you kind of expect parties etc but noise until 5/6am when you have lectures at 9 really isn't amusing.

3) People who seem to think that because your flat is the first one they come to in the block, it's a free for all to come and sit in your kitchen. The amount of people who ended up round ours who NONE of us knew was shocking!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending