Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

...for AS Level students?

Is it after all your exams, because I know for Psychology we start the A2 after the AS exam?

I need to know so I can get some work experience in the summer.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It depends on your college/school. We did about 4-5 weeks after our as levels.

ReputationRep:
    We had to go back on about 12th June to start our A2 work and finished term about 7th July, all depends on your college tho. Tbh we didn't really do much in those four weeks though but couldn't continue the subject onto the next year if we didn't attend

ReputationRep:
    We had to go back to school after AS Levels for like 2 weeks.. We started a bit of Unit 4 then.

ReputationRep:
    After AS, we had to go back for about 5 weeks, and in psychology we started unit 6 which really helped cut down on the work load in november/december for submitting it in january.

ReputationRep:
    At my school we went back after AS exams and didn't break up until the normal summer holidays at the end of July.

Edit: Well, I say 'went back' but we never actually left because we don't get study leave for A-level :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your school/college. My college ends after exams, whereas at my school you have to go back about a week after the last exam to learn more!

ReputationRep:
    we went back to college after the majority of AS exams were over and started straight back with A2, we changed all of our classes, teachers and timetables then, which made it easier when we came back in September. In English Lit we started our coursework so we could draft it over the summer, so its advisable to turn up and do the work, I wish I'd done more work in that time.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.