sophisti_kate
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
...well basically, I dropped my laptop and the enter key flew off and was never seen again... I can still sort of press the enter key if I press really hard, but obviously, it's really annoying and would just like to know whether I can change the enter function to another key or if I can get the key replaced? Really know nothing about computers so sorry if I sound like a complete ignoramus!
My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 6000... Thanks again!
Kingspharm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Similar scenario:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=209466
sophisti_kate
Rep:
?
Thnaks, but seems crap that I have to pay like 90pounds for one key!
Kingspharm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Unfortunately that's how it is - they're not cheap things.

Best suggestions I can make are:

1) try eBay for a damaged laptop or just keyboard from the same model - often the keys just pop off and you can pop it back onto your machine.
2) try Dell for a quote (they probably won't sell you a replacement keyboard directly but will want to take it in for repair) - you might be able to convince them it's a warranty issue if your machine is fairly recent (like the key just popped off, can't get it back on, etc. but not very plausible if you don't have the loose key...)

Unfortunately laptop keyboards are not just expensive but also can be a complete ***** to fit. I had Apple replace the keyboard in my Powerbook and it cost me £50 - I thought that was expensive!
sophisti_kate
Rep:
?
Good ideas, lets hope eBay has some solutions...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (35)
46.05%
No (41)
53.95%

Watched Threads