Do you have to go to uni if you accept your offer? Watch

Cloud_Strife
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Im kinda unsure weather or not i want to go to uni now, but i'd like to accept my offer just incase i do want to go. If i accept it am i commited to go, or can i pull out?
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Technically it *IS* a legally binding contract. But in practice most unis don't want you if you don't want to go and will let you off the hook.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You can easily withdraw from the whole UCAS process, and by doing so not go to any uni (but you can apply again next year or in 10 years or whenever)
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Cloud_Strife)
Im kinda unsure weather or not i want to go to uni now, but i'd like to accept my offer just incase i do want to go. If i accept it am i commited to go, or can i pull out?
You're not obliged to go to university just because you accept your offer. You can withdraw from the UCAS application process at any point of time without any hitches or being second-guessed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (104)
29.55%
1 (56)
15.91%
2 (49)
13.92%
3 (56)
15.91%
4 (26)
7.39%
5 (23)
6.53%