International Students applying to UK Medicine Watch

Danyal94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi everyone,
I haven't found a thread for this yet and so thought it would be good to have one where international applicants could post questions and everything.
I have a question about interviews, an international applicant who has already gone through the process would be very helpful with this:

Is there a way to prevent having to go back and forth from the UK? Since I live in Canada it would be both expensive and inefficient. I know you can mention to them like if you have two interviews you can ask for a rearrangement so you can do both at the same time, but what if you only have one? For example, if a university gives me an interview in November, I can't ask the others to do it around then if they haven't even offered me an interview right?

Another question I have: Where on UCAS do we post our grades and transcripts?

Thanks!
Iz08
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Danyal94)
Hi everyone,
I haven't found a thread for this yet and so thought it would be good to have one where international applicants could post questions and everything.
I have a question about interviews, an international applicant who has already gone through the process would be very helpful with this:

Is there a way to prevent having to go back and forth from the UK? Since I live in Canada it would be both expensive and inefficient. I know you can mention to them like if you have two interviews you can ask for a rearrangement so you can do both at the same time, but what if you only have one? For example, if a university gives me an interview in November, I can't ask the others to do it around then if they haven't even offered me an interview right?

Another question I have: Where on UCAS do we post our grades and transcripts?

Thanks!
There is a section on UCAS application for alternate qualifications (drop down menu) , you enter your Canadian grade 12 (or grade 11 if you are still at school) grades in %. At some point , you'll be asked by the university to send original transcripts.

With regards to interviews, tough luck. You may or may not be able to arrange one trip, but be prepared for two. Three would be really back luck. But airfare is nothing comparing to what you'll be paying for international tuition fees.
Danyal94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Iz08)
There is a section on UCAS application for alternate qualifications (drop down menu) , you enter your Canadian grade 12 (or grade 11 if you are still at school) grades in %. At some point , you'll be asked by the university to send original transcripts.

With regards to interviews, tough luck. You may or may not be able to arrange one trip, but be prepared for two. Three would be really back luck. But airfare is nothing comparing to what you'll be paying for international tuition fees.
Very true! Thanks a lot for the response
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?